Chapter 4

It was now a few days after the night Johnny and I went to the drive in. We've now known each other for 2 weeks.

Johnny kissed me.

All i've had on my mind through those few days. We'd been talking more, and yes I did call him the next day. After I gave him my number too, he'd been calling me every night.

Right now though, Johnny and I had just left school, and were walking to his friends house. He wanted to finally introduce me to them today.

He said he'd told them about me, just that we've been hanging out and gave them a heads up I was coming over.

I was pretty excited to meet them.

A while later, we made it to their house. Johnny walked in without knocking. We were greeted by a bunch of older looking guys, lying around the living room. They were either sitting on the floor by the tv, or on the couch.

These guys were pretty tough looking. They looked strong, and wore grease in their hair like Johnny, and had leather jackets. I liked it.

All of them greeted Johnny, and he'd say hi back.

"Is that the broad you were tellin' us about, Johnny?" One of them asked.

"She's ain't no broad, Dal." He turned to me. "Don't worry bout' him."

I laughed as Johnny apologized. Johnny first pointed to the oldest looking guy. He had huge muscles and was quite tall. His dark hair was slicked back with grease, and had cold, hard eyes.

"That there is Darrel Curtis, the oldest, we call him Darry. Beside him is Sodapop Curtis, which we call Soda, middle brother, and the youngest brother is him there on the couch, Ponyboy Curtis, or Pony." Johnny explained.

"It's real nice to meet you. You make yourself feel at home, you're always welcome." Darry smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled sweetly.

The other two gave a smile and said it was nice to meet me too.

"Right there is Steve Randle, and in the floor right there is Keith Mathew's, but we call him Two-bit."

The Two boys waved with a smile and greeted me as well. Steve had a chunk of cake in his hand and some all over his mouth.

"And last, that there is Dallas Winston. Or Dally."

"Hey doll." He smirked.

I only smiled and nodded.

I'd heard of Dallas Winston around town before. Even seen him at rumbles. He's pretty tough and got quite the reputation around town.

"And guys, this here is Molly Grace." Johnny beamed.

"Real nice to meet you, Molly." Soda gushed.

The others said the same and something similar.

"Here, y'all can sit down." Darry moved over in his spot on the couch.

He left enough room for Johnny and I to sit. Once I sat down, they started asking me questions.

"So we hear you been hangin' with Johnny?" Steve asked.

"Yeah." I chuckled with a smile.

"You from this side of town?" Two-bit asked.

"Yup, not too far from here." I explained.

"How come we ain't ever seen you around before?" Dally asked.

"No, I might've seen her at a rumble before. Don't know if that was her or not." Soda said.

"It probably was." I laughed.

"You're a pretty good fighter, that's tough." Steve smirked.

"Thanks."

"I do see this other girl with you at rumbles, you know her?" Soda wondered.

"Yeah, that's Scarlett. We live together."

"You should bring her around sometime. We'd love to meet her." Darry beamed.

"You ever been to one of Bucks parties before? You know him?" Dally asked.

"Yeah, i've been to one a while back." I answered.

"Why don't you come with me tomorrow night doll?"

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Meet me by the first lamppost, at eight." Dally whispered, out of ear shot from the others.

"Hey Molly, you play football?" Steve asked, getting up from his seat.

"Yeah, sometimes for kicks."

"Why don't we play a game, huh?" He asked looking around the room.

Everyone nodded and Darry grabbed the ball while we all headed outside.

Steve and Soda insisted on being team captains. Soda argued that he pick first, and he picked me. Then Johnny, and Dally.

Steve was left with Pony, Two-bit, and Darry. They told me that Darry got a scholarship for football and was pretty much unbeatable. We'll see how that goes.

I quickly pulled my hair back in a ponytail, out of the way. They let me have the ball first, which satisfied me. I started the game, and we were far into it before long.

They played slightly rough, and there was a lot of tackling. I had the ball a lot, but not as much as Darry. He truly was really good.

We played for about an hour, and by the end of our game, our scores were called close. But our team won by two points.

Steve and Soda began play fighting because Steve didn't want to accept their loss. Two-Bit then insisted we do a rematch.

They did tell me though, that I was pretty good.

"I used to play with my brother a lot." I explained.

"Why didn't you tell us you had a brother?" Two-Bit teased.

"How old is he?" Steve asked.

"He left for college at the beginning of the year. His names Graham."

"Graham Grace. I think we went to high school together, played on the football team. I don't know why I didn't think of that when I saw you." Darry laughed.

"Oh, I remember now. I think you came around the house once." I acknowledged.

"Yeah, I have. Funny I didn't remember."

We played a few more games of football as the sun went down. Once it got dark, Johnny and I waved goodbye to his friends.

We began walking down the neighborhood street.

"So, what'd you think of em'?" Johnny asked.

"They dig okay, they're pretty cool." I smiled. "I wouldn't mind hanging around with them more."

"Yeah, I think they liked you pretty well. I'm sure they'll be asking me to bring you around again."

After our laughs died down, we walked in silence for a moment. Johnny then shoved his fists into his jean jacket pocket. Now that the sun was down, it was starting to get cooler out.

"I think i'll stay at the lot tonight." Johnny muttered quietly.

"I'll stay with you." I smiled.

"No, Molly, you oughta go on home. It'll get cold."

"No, I want to. A little breeze don't hurt." I murmured. "Besides, i'll be with you."

Johnny and I exchanged small smiles. We walked the rest of the way to the lot in that same comfortable silence.

Once we got there, we laid down on the same thrown out couch from last time.

I looked up at the sky. The stars were out. It was cloudy though, but some stars were still visible.

Johnny and I were pretty close to one another as we gazed at the sky full of stars. I rested my head against his shoulder, and he laid his head on top of mine.

We must've fallen asleep, because I don't remember anything else that night.