Chapter 15

Johnny's pov:

As soon as I dropped Molly off at her house, I knew I missed her. I missed her before she even made it inside.

I went walking around the neighborhood after I left. It was warm out tonight with a cool breeze. I also wanted to enjoy the stars that were out tonight.

I was gonna have to stay at the lot tonight. I thought to keep walking around until I got tired, because I wouldn't be able to sleep right now.

I meant to just walk though the neighborhood until then, but I ended up down town. It was real early in the morning, so there was hardly any people. There was still some stores open though.

I passed a record shop and paused in my tracks. It reminded me of Molly.

I walked inside with the intentions of getting her one. I've listened to records before of course, but the first time I listened to one with her, it felt different. I started to appreciate them. And it is pretty nice.

After looking through her record collection multiple times, I know she likes Beach Boys. But she has a lot of those already. I did see one of Etta James, and she was telling me about her once.

I found an Etta James record I knew she didn't have, and went to pay. I left the record store with a big grin on my face, excited to go give it to my girl. No, I wasn't gonna wait till morning. And I know she ain't sleeping right now anyways.

I made my way back through town and to the neighborhood again. And surely enough, when I made it Molly's house, there were a few lights on.

I did notice dark skid marks left on the driveway that I hadn't noticed until now. I wondered if they were new.

I knocked on the door once, and as I did, it cracked open a bit. The front door wasn't even shut. I went on in and started looking for her.

"Molly?" I called. "It's Johnny."

I walked around slowly trying to find her. I peeked in her bedroom, she wasn't there. I looked in the living room, didn't see her there either. I turned my head, and there she was. Lying on the kitchen floor, covered in blood. I could tell she wasn't breathing. This isn't the first time neither, and I knew immediately what had happened.

Darry's pov:

We only moved when the timer for the cookies went off. I picked Scarlett up and carried her to the kitchen. I set her on the counter and got the cookies out of the oven and placed them on the stove top.

She lifted my head and pulled me in closer to her. I stood in between her legs as she greedily kissed me. We began making out and I could tell what she was trying to do. She was trying to be dominant. She licked my bottom lip for entrance. I wanted to play with her so I denied it.

She grabbed me through my sweatpants making me gasp. She slipped her tongue in and explored my mouth. We eventually pulled away for air. We sat panting for a few seconds.

"Darry?"

"Yes, love?"

"Will you get a spatula to get the cookies off? I still really want my cookies."