Chapter 11

Scarlett and I had spent the last week in Missouri.

We went to gather information about Graham and gather his things from his dorm room.

We were also questioned of our relationship with Graham when we ran into the officers who were investigating the scene of the party. Just because they were wondering what two high school girls were doing on a college campus.

We were informed more about the scene and even talked with some of the other survivors, who were also some of Graham's friends.

It's really just something happened between the party host and the gunman, then he shot up the party. Apparently, Graham tried to step in and would have succeeded if the gunman didn't have a second backup gun.

And as we all know, he was killed.

I'm taking the news a lot better than I thought I would have. Scarlet on the other hand, is absolutely sobbing.

I think it's because i'm still in shock. But i'm also not much of a crier, so that could also be it.

It's just so hard to process this. I found out my brother was dead and my mother killed herself when I was young and left letters for me all in one day.

Scarlett and I are currently at the train stop waiting for our train home to arrive. We're on a bench, my head in Scarlett's lap with my legs spread across rest of the bench, and she's stroking my hair with her hand. In complete silence.

+++++

Johnny and I were lying in the lot, watching the stars. We sat close and he had his arm around me. Just like we do every time. Only this time, it was raining. I usually convince Johnny to stay at my house when it rains or gets real cold, but we're both sitting out here, feeling the hard droplets against our skin.

It wasn't cold out, it was actually hot since it was the end of May. The rain felt good and looked pretty with the stars behind it. The moon was out too, which only made it better.

It was just me, Johnny, the rain, and the stars.

Johnny gave me a kiss on my forehead then glided his lips slowly down my face. Once he made it to my cheek, he kissed me there as well. He then made his way over to my lips, and crashed against them. He kissed me passionately but so gentle.

He looked me in the eyes and told me the most gorgeous words I had ever heard.

+++++

"Molly, our trains here." Scarlett shook my arm.

I raised my head from her lap and snapped back to reality. I must have fallen asleep.

We boarded our train and found our seats in the back. We sat in front of this nice table that had a white table cloth over it. It was very similar to the train we rode here, only this one seemed a little cleaner.

After a minute of us being seated, this tall guy sat across the table from us. He was stocky, or fit. He had brown hair and seemed to be only a little older than us. He looked familiar in some way.

I got a look at his eyes. He had the same shade of forest green in his eyes as Scarlett, which i'd never seen anyone else have. Even the same eye shape.

Come to think of it, they have extremely similar facial features. I looked to Scarlett and she seemed to be noticing the same things I was.