Chapter 12

Darry pov:

I get out of the shower and dry my body off. I look at myself in the mirror before rubbing the towel over my hair to dry it slightly. I wrapped the towel around my waist before opening the door and walking back to my room.

I picked out a white button up with black dress pants. I found my fathers church shoes and put on black mid calve socks. I looked at myself in the mirror then walked back to the bathroom so do my hair.

I combed it back like I always do. Then I walked back to the my room to put on my class ring and my fathers old silver ring that he had gotten in high school. I sprayed my cologne on then got my wallet and keys.

Soda was in the living room as I was leaving. He got up from the couch to fix my shirts collar. That's when Pony came out of his room. Soda slightly punches my chest.

"Lookin spiffy."

I chuckled slightly.

"Bye you two. Don't cause too much trouble while I'm gone."

I was on my way out the door when Pony called for me.

"Darry?"

"What's up little buddy?"

"Will you be home tonight or are you staying with Scarlett?"

"I will probably stay the night with her. I will call you and tell you if I do."

With that I grabbed my suit jacket and left the house. I started the car and began driving to Scarlett's house. My thoughts ran wild.

I couldn't wait to see her tonight. Hopefully we're home alone.

I was at her house for I knew it. I steadied my breath and got out of my truck. I made it to the front door. My hand made its way to the door bell. A man around my age opened the door.

"Who are you?" He cocked his eyebrow at me.

"I'm Darrel, I'm here for Scarlett."

I shook the mans hand then Scarlett's heels could be heard from behind the partially opened door.

"Hi Darry!" She beamed before pecking my lips.

The mans expression went almost angry more than confused.

"Alex, this is my boyfriend Darry, Darry this is my brother Alex."

I was confused. "I thought your brother was dead?" I muttered. It was more of a question than a statement.

"It's a long story, and I will try my hardest to make it short."

She explained the whole situation to me. Scarlett and I began to leave when Alex grabbed my arm.

"Take care of her, and if shes not home by 11, I won't hesitate to hunt you down."

I shook his hand and led Scarlett out the door. He watched from the window as I opened her door and helped her into the truck. When she was situated, I walked to the driver's side of the truck and got in.

I put the car in drive and pulled out into the street. My hand found its way to Scarlett's thigh. It was soft and noticeably freshly shaven.

"I love you baby girl."

I caught myself after. I saw Scarlett looking at me attentively. I just said I loved her. It's the truth, but I didn't know how she would react.

"I love you too, Darry." She placed her hand on top of mine.

We went to eat at a nice restaurant first. It was toward the south side of town, but we didn't care.

After dinner, we walked hand in hand around the shops. It began to sprinkle cold rain. Scarlett didn't have sleeves on and nothing on her legs or feet. I took off my suit jacket and draped it across her shoulders. It was long and big on her.