The Start Of Everything.

It was the time. Yes it was. Her parents were home, her brother was home and they were having a peaceful dinner together at the dining table. Baekhyun, her brother nudged her by his elbow giving her the signal to speak. But it wasn't of any use cuz all she did was give him the "no-I-Don't-think-I-can-do-this" expression. Left with no other option Baekhyun cleared his throat and decided to speak. "Uhh...mumma, Aerie wants to say something to you". He tried to keep his voice as smooth as possible. "Yeah tell me Zoey. What is it?". She looked at her mom and then at Baekhyun glaring but she knew it wasn't going to work and she had to speak up now. She looked down her at her not so empty plate and said in a low voice. "Uhmm...actually mumma...I..I want to become an idol". And she closed her eyes waiting for whatever negative comment her mom was going to throw at her.

"Aera I guess we have talked about this earlier and all me and your dad said was a straight 'no'. Can't u understand English now?" "That's what mom. U didn't even listen to me and just said a no. It....its my dream...its something I really love and something I want to pursue why don't you understand-" "What dream Aera? What is this dream of singing and dancing in front of so many strangers. And you even know this industry isn't that good. Why don't u just focus on your studies? Look at your brother and learn something. He is 19 and already has a job and he is even going to do MBA in his field and here you are dreaming about anything" "Mom please listen to me for once. Please try to understand me for once. I won't be leaving studies at all. I will continue my studies" "That's what! you will continue your studies but not opt them for your future. Instead u will opt for dancing and singing and you won't even focus on your studies anymore. Aera we already let you put the name of that performing arts high school in the options list but this isn't something we will let you do- Wait a minute. Is this all because u want to get rid of studies?! Aera i'm telling you that will never happen and get this thought out of your head-" "NO MOM NO!! Its nothing like that!! Mom look, I have already auditioned for a label and I even passed the audition. All you have to do is support me in this and let me follow my dreams and my heart for once please is it too much to ask for?" 

For the first time ever, she raised her voice at her mom. She knew it. She knew how badly she needed this. But was it going to work for her? 

"Wh...what?? what did you say? You..You auditioned? And even passed it? YOU HID THIS ALL FROM US?? SO THIS WAS WHAT YOU WERE DOING ALL ALONG INSTEAD OF STUDYING HUH?? YOU BRAT I-" Her mom was raging and had lifted up a ladle to hit her but Baekhyun was quick enough to get her behind him as her mom walked ahead and her father finally stepped in. "Stop it." His voice was still calm. "Honey, I said stop it. Come and sit here at your place". "But Baekhyun's appa she-" "Honey, I told u na. Stop it. Don't raise your blood pressure over this". Her mother finally breathed out and sat on her chair keeping the ladle aside but still glaring at Aera who was regretting saying anything at all.

"So Aera, You want to become an Idol right?". Her dad finally spoke. She just nodded hesitantly. "Okay then, go ahead. You have grown so big that you auditioned on your own without telling us and then you even passed the audition. Well- I don't know what they really saw in you but fine if you have decided this path for yourself then go. Live in that dorm along with 3 to 4 people in one room. Eat that weird food that they make there for everyone or be on a diet as they tell you to. Waste your time there. And when you finally get tired of it all ,come back. We will keep you back without saying anything. Just don't expect us to support you or anything because that is not happening. Its upto you now. Pack your stuff and as your brother is supporting you in this he will drop you there. And if you change your mind then this is still your house. And there will be no further contact with us as you can see how strongly we disagree with this decision of yours. And that's the end of discussion and no body will tell her anything now" "But Baekhyun's appa-" "I said no further discussion on this". 

She was happy. Very happy. But still it hurt her when she got to know that these were her own Father's views about her and her talents. And this just gave her a boost to prove him wrong. She was going to live it. She was going to live her dreams.

She moved to the BigHit dorms the very next morning. Baekhyun dropped her but none of her parents even bid their goodbyes to her. Not like she wasn't expecting it but things still hurt, don't they?

Her training started. Life as a trainee wasn't really easy but she was determined. She knew now this was what she needed to do after all. She even met her BTS bias on the way sometimes but all she did was to run to the other side. She made new friends. She even got admission in Seoul  School Of Performing Arts!! Another step ahead towards her dreams. But something stopped her.

 She had completed her 1 year in this label but, nothing seemed to work for her. Actually, she started feeling like BigHit won't really drop a girl group anytime soon. Her chances of debuting in this label were low. Giving it a thought, she stared at the JYP Entertainment's card in her hand which was offered to her when one of the JYP's staff saw her battling in a street dance battle. And that was when she decided to leave BigHit along with Wooyoung and Yeosang and join JYP instead. BigHit would be her dream label but here her dreams mattered more than the label. Maybe JYP was a good choice? Maybe her luck will work there?

Happy Reading <3