Out Of Focus

The Survival show was easy for none of them. Aera was always on the target but she managed to keep her position intact in the team even after being in danger once. All of them were working hard for sure but with the elimination of Minho and Felix, all of them were really shook. None of them showed it but they knew deep inside how much they were missing the two.

Chan was sure of one thing that he was not at all ready to lose another member now. 

The time they invested in their practices kept increasing. They would be on the way of passing out but no one opened their mouth to say that they are tired.

"Four and five and six then switch and- Stop" Chan was leading their practice but Aera was nowhere close to focusing.

"Aera you have to switch with Hyunjin and shift to your left side why are you just standing there?"

This was the third time Chan had stopped the music and corrected Aera. And his tone was definitely not like the first 2 times.

"Uhh..ye- yeah"

"Okay again from verse 2"

Again the music started and this time Aera switched her places but she shifted to the right side instead and bumped into Changbin.

"Stop! Aera its the left side!!"

By now Chan was gesturing the left side aggressively.

"I...im sorry"

"Lets do it again"

They had changed the choreography because of the decrease in number of members. All of them were trying to adapt to the new positions and steps and shifting. And they had almost done it but then why was Aera dancing like this now?

The music started again and this time members had their eyes on Aera. They were observing her from the mirror. She switched her position, went to the left side and it was alright until she tripped on her own leg and lost her balance. She fell on the floor but not that hard because her hands supported her.

All of them stopped and Chan turned the music off.

"Let's take a break"

The kids exhaustedly laid on the floor, catching their breath.

"Aera. Show me the whole routine"

She knew this was coming. She just nodded at Chan standing up to do the whole thing by herself.

Chan started the song from the very start sitting right infront of her to take a close look.

She started with her part and even she knew her movements weren't firm. She barely made it to the 2nd verse and again tumbled over a step. She tried to get back with the music but her body forgot the steps and until she could start again Chan stopped the music. 

He stood up walking to her and she had already acknowledged the glare that he was giving her. She didn't have the strength to even face him at this point. She just stood straight with her hands at the back and her eyes not moving their gaze anywhere from the floor.

"Aera is this what you are going to do in front of JYP? Is this what you are going to show in the next evaluation? If yes then I'm sure that you are going to get eliminated"

The atmosphere turned cold.

"Chan hyung-"

"Im talking to Aera Hyunjin"

His tone was stern and his expressions were enough for all the others to know that they shouldn't speak now. They could feel the tension in his voice.

"Aera you do know that you are one of the main dancers in the team right? And this is how you are performing? I get it if you are tired and everyone would be tired but no one is making such mistakes. Like seriously if you are going to keep doing that then its better that you don't perform. Just leave from here itself. It will be better than facing the elimination and making all of us face it too. Tell me do you want to get eliminated?"