ʚ void ɞ

✦⁺₊ hypophrenia - a vague feeling of sadness, without a cause.

6 MONTHS LATER...
—————————————

i wish he had stayed. i wish he wasn't with the goddamn crux. only the archons know when he's gonna be back and i doubt that'd be anytime soon.

six whole months had passed to what it felt like eternity was also slowly ageing, decaying.

six months, more like six years.

nothing had changed, nothing interesting had happened. i hung about, here and there in the city, wishing the passage of time would only fasten.

i had a couple of adventures regarding thoma and my siblings but really when i couldn't be with the person who i truly wanted to be with in the moment.

sure it was a simple gesture. a hug. did it really mean something more to me? i had been thinking about it for every waking second that had passed by and still yet to this particular moment, i still haven't figured anything out.

the time we had spent together was short. really short considering i didn't like the samurai not too long ago and now all of a sudden we act like we've known each other since we set foot upon this world? nothing added up.

what is it? love?

i think not.

i can't possibly let myself fall for somebody, right?

so why did i miss him so much. why is it that every morning when i wake up, he's the first person that comes to mind. the thought of him even pursuing me when i'm asleep, lingering with me wherever i go.

-

" miss y/n." a maid approached me.

i take my eyes off from the page of the book i was reading. it was a simple classic novel which i hadn't read before which only compelled me to read the book even more. my finger stops on the line i was reading to ensure that i'd find it again, i am a forgetful person after all, ironically.

" is something the matter?"

" a crate full of fried tofu was dropped off by a merchant in the hall, i just thought you would have liked to know about it."

my ears immediately perked up to the mentioning of merchant and friend tofu, remembering the day where i had snuck traveller and his trusty companion on that boat.

" i see, thank you."

the maid nods before exiting to go back to her duties. of course me being me, i put the book down on the table. getting up from my seat and making myself to the main room.

i spot the crate on the end of my peripheral vision. a small note left on top of it.

which read :

- my apologies lady y/n, i couldn't find this 'aya' you were speaking of.