ʚ everyone runs away from the truth ɞ

✦⁺₊ forelsket - the euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love.

—————————————

i was running.

my breath hitching every two seconds.

it was quite humid, the hot sticky air caressing my cheeks while i carried on running as far as my legs could take me.

i was running away from him.

kazuha.

it was on impulse. a reflex. an action hardwired into my brain.

i don't know what to feel. should i be glad he's back or just angry?

he shows up surprisingly in liyue after nearly eight months.

beforehand i did not even receive a goodbye or a letter. not even a mention about his whereabouts and all of a sudden he magically appears in front of my face? in liyue of all places.

grey clouds covered the sky in an unpleasant manner, rain finally approaching the land of contracts.

i still kept running.

i don't know what or where my final destination is.

but my legs wouldn't stop.

in a matter of seconds, rain began hammering down. soaking me entirely. my wake up call, you could say.

i finally came to a halt, looking at the horizon above me.

...

a strong gust of wind hit me, almost even knocking me off my own two feet. defying the very existence of gravity itself.

the force was undeniably hefty.

and there he was.

his snow white hair soaked in rain water. his cheeks flush red. his skin still glowing. his eyes, like gems but worth far more. little pants escaping his lips every now and then. his chest falling up and down rhythmically, matching with his fast paced breathing.

his bandaged hand resting on the hilt of his sword as he looked at me with weary eyes.

a deep silence lingering in the air but it was far too close for comfort.