ʚ dango ɞ

⁺₊ i'll stop with the spelling lesson at the start of every chapter ;)

✦⁺₊ i'll stop with the spelling lesson at the start of every chapter ;)

—————————————

" maybe it's about time you go back," kazuha says in a bittersweet tone, lighting up the lone vanilla candle that sat mindlessly on my desk.

it had been a couple of days since the incident, everything started going back to what it previously was.

we were back on beidou's ship, using the boat as a hideout once more, knowing the fatui won't come here again due to the captain's wrath.

nobody knew the reason why the fatui were after me in the first place, it's not like i'm indebted to them for whatever reason. but whatever this reason must be, it was pointless, there was nothing you did wrong.

" why's that," i say, crashing into the bed beside me as i look towards the wandering samurai.

" it's dangerous here, besides don't you miss the estate and all?"

oh right, i needed to go back to see my family.

" i suppose i do," a long sigh escapes my lips as my eyes dart to the ceiling " but this has been quite the experience, it'd kill me to go back since there would be nothing to do and what if a granny decides to kidnap me again?"

kazuha lets out a breathy chuckle as he smiles, " that was a one time thing, i'm sure the yashiro commission could protect you better than i ever could."

" oh yeah? then how come they let me out of their sight and into the hands of a harbinger?"

why did this harbinger want you so badly? why is he so persistent? why can you not be left alone in peace.

the wanderer stands up, now moving to sit on the edge of my bed. " it won't happen again, i promise."

" i know it's selfish to ask," i break the silence " but...let's say, i do go back to inazuma, would you stay with me?"

i hoped he would say yes but i expected the disappointment followed by my question as kazuha doesn't reply, the silence once more preoccupying the room.

" i see how it is," i smile to myself " well it doesn't matter." the short lived smile quickly fades into a rather dissatisfied frown.

" it's— it's not that i don't want to y/n but it's just that i—" i quickly interrupt kazuha.

" there's no need to explain yourself, i understand, you are a wanderer after all. your travels hold far more significance," i turn to face the wall beside me with dissatisfaction in which kazuha notices.