|9| b e e r

"Well the guy sure knows how to move fast," Stephen sniggered as he brings a bottle of beer to his lips, eyes still watching Austin, who's laughing with an unfamiliar blond chick.

The girl's wearing a blue dress that reaches mid-thigh and is taller than me, probably around 5'7 or 5'8, has a nice figure and is obviously a popular kid from her own school, with the way she carries herself.

I shook my head disapprovingly and watched as the girl wraps her arms on Austin's neck, making their distance quite small for strangers. My eyebrow raised on its own accord when Austin didn't seem to mind at all. In fact, it seems that he is enjoying the way she sways her hips from side to side in such a sultry manner.

The way his lips twitched upwards in his own boyish grin proved it all. Pig.

Who says they're just gonna get some drinks and dance? He should've at least informed me, so I would not look this stupid!

Rolling my eyes at the sweet pair, I turned to face Stephen who's watching me in amusement. His eyebrow raised and lips formed in a half-smirk. Choosing to ignore the malicious look on his face, I crossed my arms over my chest and let out a puff of air. "That jerk. He said he would just get drinks. Well I'm not informed that when you invite someone, it's protocol to leave them waiting on you till their hair turns white."

"That's Austin for you," he shrugged, laughing. His fingers wrapped around the small bottle of beer that has tiny droplets of liquid trickling down on its smooth surface from its cold temperature, only making me thirsty and a lot more pissed.

"Where can I get one of those?" I asked, lips pointing at the bottle in his hand.

"This?" he raised the bottle slowly, grinning widely at me before gulping it down in one go and placing it back on the table. Wow, someone's talented. "You can call a waiter over or you can go to the bar."

I nodded understandingly, looking at the bar, near the dance floor with people sitting in glass high chairs as they wait for their order. "I guess, I'll just get it from the bar.

"Okay."

Rising from my seat, I gave Stephen a brief nod over my shoulder before sauntering towards the bar.

The bar isn't that fancy compared to most high-end night clubs but it has a dark gray island with glass high chairs, to match. Behind the island are glass cabinets attached to the wall. Inside the transparent glass are different alcoholic bottles in different shapes and form. From small to extremely tall, from transparent bottles to black ones.

Standing behind the granite island is a tall guy with slicked-back, deep black hair, dark gray eyes and a small piercing on the left side of his lower lip. He's wearing a gray button down shirt that's rolled up at the sleeves and opened at the first two buttons, revealing a little of his well-toned chest.

Adding sophistication to his gray shirt is a black vest, with a silver nameplate that reads John in black, above its left pocket. Taking a chair in the middle, I smiled up at John and ordered a bottle of beer.

"Alone?" he asked, placing my order down in front of me.

I chuckled bitterly as I placed down a five dollar bill and grabbed the bottle with both hands, feeling its coldness in my palms. "More of like, left alone."

He clicked his tongue together, making a 'tsk' sound as he perched himself, quite comfortably against the granite counter top. "Must be a stupid boy eh?"

"A stupid, rude, inconsiderate, forgetful boy," I supplied, bringing the bottle to my lips. The cold and bitter fluid hit my taste buds causing me to scrunch up my nose together from its flavor.