|17| j a l a p e ñ o

"Whew man! That movie was epic, have you seen the part where..." Vincent continued to blabber on how amazing the film was in his highly energy-packed voice as he narrated to Patrick, his favorite scenes. With all the hand gestures and sound FX, if I may add.

He has this stupid grin on his face, as if he just seen the most amazing thing in his life while I on the other hand must look like crap. With the way I continued to fiddle with my fingers and bite on my lip nervously. I probably look stupid, but I didn't care. I was confused, scared and most certainly confused again.

It's as if my mind is sent into a room filled with a whirlpool of a lot of puzzles and choices, flying around in different directions. That moment when you can't decide but you know that deep inside that brain of yours, you want to make a choice but just can't.

It was moments like this when I just want to have fresh breath of air to clear my mind and confusing thoughts. Maybe a cold chocolate drink with some ice cubes, a good book and a fine weather outside would help too, because I deeply want to sort out myself and figure out whatever this is, I feel.

The realization came when I wasn't expecting it. It came rushing to me, and slapped me hard on my cheek, making sure to leave a mark. It didn't came slowly, but rather all at once and I wasn't able to take in all of it. It felt like my brain was thrown into a whirlpool of emotions I couldn't decipher, making it hard to breathe.

I tried to deny it but it's no use. The way my cheeks flush red, my stomach feels like it's being invaded by fast flying butterflies in a riot, and the way my heart drums loudly in my chest proved that I indeed like someone. It has been so long since I had felt like this, that I probably forgot the feeling and acted as if I knew it wasn't coming. That I have a crush, but the question is...

"Lily," I grabbed her by the crook of her elbow, making her stop into a complete halt and look back at me in surprise.

"Hey. Are you alright?" She asked, her blue eyes roaming over my face slowly.

Nodding, I gave her a small smile and whispered, "Let's go to the comfort room. I have to ask you something."

"Okay..."

"Hey guys! We're just going to the comfort room. We'll just meet you all at the food court," I called out to the others who mumbled "Yeah's" and "Sure's" in return, including Kayla who gave us a skeptical look, before going to the other direction. With a final sigh, I quickly dragged Lily to the nearest comfort room after successfully finding the sign. Pushing the door open, I abruptly checked out the stalls for another person by looking at the spaces under the doors and heaved out a breath of relief when I confirmed that we are alone.

"What's all the fuzz about?" Lily curiously asked, her body leaning against the sink casually and her arms folded against her chest.

"I have a problem Lily," I said just above a whisper as I look at her intently. She has her eyebrows furrowed together and her lips shaped in a confused frown.

"What do you mean you have a problem?"

Running my hand through my hair tensely, I leaned against the door frame of the middle cubicle and stared right into my best friend's eyes. "I... ugh!" I tried to explain to her, my hands waving in different directions out of frustration but no words came out.

Suddenly her eyes widened and her lips parted as she let out a loud, dramatic gasp. Her finger pointed out to me. "What? What? Oh my gosh don't tell me you're freaking pregnant! Oh my gosh Anna! How could you be so reck-"

Pregnant?

"Lily!"

"-less! What's going to happen to your future? Oh my gosh! Anna! How are you gonna tell this to your mom? Like what the actual hell!"