|21| g u m

"One day I'm gonna have my own cooking show and that old lady will drown in her tears, 'cause she's gonna regret the day that she put me in The Heroes team during my high school days," Lily furiously ranted out, as she stood in front of my mirror, leisurely applying some cream that promises smooth and fair skin, onto her face.

It is Thursday evening and Lily, and I decided to have a sleepover so we'd arrive to the school's parking lot (where Mrs. Harris and our class will be waiting) early. But Kayla, being the over-energetic person that she is, invited herself over to our sleepover, even if she's not part of our class. It's not that we mind though.

Completely blocking out Lily's blabbering, I sat crisscross apple sauce on the edge of my bed and absentmindedly traced the outline of my Spongebob band-aid that's taped onto my knee.

A small nostalgic smile graced my lips as the memories on how I got a Spongebob band-aid, flashed through my mind in a sweet bliss. Making my heart beat a little louder inside my chest, providing warmth and giddiness that I couldn't explain.

"Really? Spongebob?" I gave him an incredulous look, waving the bright yellow band-aid box with a grinning sponge, in his face.

"What? I grabbed the first thing that I saw," he muttered nonchalantly, brushing it off.

Instead of saying anything, I chose to be quiet as I carefully pulled out one strip from the box and tried to place it onto my scraped knee. Nibbling on my lip nervously, I let my fingers that are lightly holding each end of the band-aid, hover over the scar. I took a deep breath when I couldn't cover up my wound, afraid of the hissing pain that it will cause, once the Spongebob Band-Aid touches my skin.

My head snapped up when Austin released a frustrated grunt, startling me when he took long strides towards the bench where I'm seated and swiftly grabbed the strip from my grip and knelt down on one knee, in front of me. He gently took my foot, and perched it onto his thigh. With eyebrows furrowed together in concentration and lips curved in a frown, he slowly placed the band-aid strip onto my wound with his delicate touch.

A smile threatened to crept its way to my lips as I watch him, carefully place the strip but I fought it, scared that he might see.

"You know Spongebob suits you," he said, out of the blue in a teasing manner.

I arched up my brow and crossed my arms over my chest in defense. "And why is that?"

He chuckled humorously and stared right into my eyes. My heart did skip a bit with the way his hazel eyes stare into mine, but I maintained my facade. Acting as if it didn't affect me at all. "Because you're annoying."

I rolled my eyes, but I know that the silly grin on my face gave my act away. "So you'll probably be Squidward because you're grumpy, twenty-four seven."

"Oh yeah?"

Nodding eagerly, I let my lips curve into a teasing smirk. "Yup! And then I will annoy you all day. I will be Spongebob, you'll be Squidward and Patrick will be..." Patrick. The thought made me instantly laugh and I couldn't help but double over in laughter when I saw Austin looking at me incredulously.

"Who's gonna be Patrick?" He curiously asked, eyes watching me as I dissolve into a fit of light giggles.

I shook my head secretively and winked at him. "That, is my secret to forever keep," I mocked teasingly, using the same words he used when I asked him about why he calls me 'Angela'.

Too bad, this girl knows how to hold grudges.

Being the typical grumpy person that he is, he only shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Psh."