|29| b a g e l s

"What's with the silly school-girl grin on your face?" Lily asked, staring at me with wide eyes. I gave her a nonchalant shrug, a small smile then continued to read.

Hmm... The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks, gee, can I be more of a hopeless romantic? The next thing I know, I'd probably sitting under an Oak tree, reading Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. And to a more, horrifying extent, I'd still be smiling goofily at the part where Romeo decided to commit suicide to be with Juliet.

Yeah. I'd probably still think of that as something romantic, given my situation right now-whatever it is.

I nibbled lightly on my lower lip, ignoring the fact that it's slightly dry from staying out too long in the night with a temperature that's a little chilly than usual. Without so much of an effort, the memory flashed through my head like lightning - fast and full of impact. I remembered the gentle breeze of the cool wind against my hair, the way the stars sparkled and the sway of the trees. I can even recall how the blue swing looked under the yellow light of the lamp post-how it glistened beautifully. But, of course, I definitely remembered Austin and all the magic.

All of it. Every single bit of it.

I wonder how things can change so quickly. With just a blink of an eye, a small smile, a single tear, or even the lightest kiss can change everything. It can be scary, but it can also be oh-so rewarding. Just like what happened.

I tried to fight back the grin that I know would soon appear, but of course, I failed again, causing Lily who's seated at the edge of my bed to chuck a pillow at me.

"There's that smile again!" She pouted childishly, "are you guys already together?" She tried to act disappointed, but the glimmer in her eyes showed otherwise.

I shrugged, flipping to the next page. "What?" she demanded.

Now I'm starting to regret my decision of letting her stay for the night. "I dunno Lily. He told me he likes me, and I told him that I like him too. Then, we kissed and then boom. That's it. No will you be my girlfriend or let's have a date lines that followed."

Her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. Sighing, she slumped down on my bed. "So what are you guys?"

I sighed too, deeper than she did and slumped down next to her. I placed the book over my chest and tucked it under my arms. "Well... I guess we have a mutual understanding that we do like each other, but we still aren't together."

"Huh, that makes sense in a weird kind of way."

"Yeah, I guess so."

Turning to her side, she perched her head on her palm. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it again. Her eyes widened then she squealed. A squeal that threatened to kill my eardrums. Oh gods, I can't lose my sense of hearing. I only heard Austin tell me that he likes me once!

"Gosh Lily, do you have a microphone in your throat or something?" I groaned out loudly, scooting away from her but she held me in place by grabbing my arm in her death-grip. Wow this girl got some real grip.

"What?"

"Can't you see the solution to this dilemma of your blossoming love story, Anna?" she excitedly spurted out the words faster than a slot machine, spilling out tokens. Only I wished, she really spurted out something that can be traded with money...

I shook my head and laughed. "Really, Lily? Dilemma and blossoming love story?"

"Hmhm. You're gonna ask him. First, we're gonna plan up a real romantic date. Then, we would leave a note in his locker that says he should follow the clues, then he'd follow the clues of course-"