|27| o r a n g e s

Buckle up my lovely readers. 

"But what if it's not just a joke to me?"

Lub dub. Lub dub.

Ten words. Ten words that I would've never ever thought, would come out of his mouth. Those ten words that halted my steps, left my lips parted with my mouth hanging open, and my heart beating in a crazy yet thrilling beat. I call it My Buttfaced Fantasies' Giant Leap.

Slowly but absolutely, not surely, based on my trembling knees and woozy feeling, I turned on my heels to face him. He's still seated on that bright blue swing that glistened against the light post. Hazel eyes trained on me—wearing curiosity, both elbows perched on each thigh with both hands clasped tightly together underneath his chin. The chilly wind blew on my face, making the moment feel just like in the movies. Like I am the princess and he is the prince. Though not on a white horse but on a blue swing.

"I—I... What?" The words barely escaped my lips that are slowly drying up from the night chill, but even through the trembling I tried to say the most coherent word that I could muster. The truth is, he just made me so darn speechless.

Like my Math teacher every time he asks me to solve an equation. Open mouthed speechless.

He drew out a huge breath and frustratingly rubbed his hands over his face. Throwing me a look, he stood up and slowly walked over to me. And of course, there goes my heart again.

Lub dub. Lub dub.

"What are you doing?" I asked, panic visible in my voice as I took a step back. Well it could've been another movie scene if it weren't for my stupid reflex and more stupid mouth. 

He rolled his eyes, muttering a silent psh. Somehow it made me smile a little. Okay fine! It made me smile with my teeth exposed. It's just the fact that the things that usually annoy me to the point of insanity and tempting me to jump off his passenger seat, made me feel giddy right now. It just feels so weird yet good at the same time.

"Hey, stop whatever you're thinking because you're not that pretty." He made a disgusted face at me and I glared at him.

"Well says you, whose face was a few centimeters from mine, like minutes ago," I mocked, even raising my brow and shaking my head childishly to prove a point. I probably looked like I'm out of my mind. Not that I am perfectly sane. . .

"Y'know Anna, you and your wild imaginations make me wonder what you eat at night," he thoughtfully said, his arms crossed over his chest.

Gasping loudly at his comment, I pointed a finger at him. "Oh no you didn't! You don't get to insult my mother's cooking! She cooks hella rad dude, like you wouldn't even remember if you're wearing your briefs or not if you tasted her food. She's one heck of a cook so—my gosh, you're so near." I gasped out loudly when I noticed that he's sneakers are already hitting mine and his face is just a few breaths away. It's too close, too darn close for my health.

He threw me a smirk, probably knowing that he caught me right where he wanted and left me defenseless. Pursing my lips tightly together and running my hands over the pleats of my skirt, I tried to back away but he held me in place by grasping both of my arms in his tight hold. And my eyes widened just as my heart beat quickened its pace.

Lub dub. Lub dub.

Oh heavens. Oh earth, waters and skies and fire and... and... um... oh gosh, oh gosh.

"Remember that I always call you Angelica?"  he asked, his voice soothing and soft. Why is it soothing and soft?

I nodded lightly, not knowing what else to do. I mean, come on. Who can think properly if there crush is just a few centimeters from your own face, just a few energy to consume, for me to move my head forward and experience touchdown? Who can?