|45| p i z z a

"Pizza. I say we have pizza. Nothing can ever go wrong with pizza," Lily said with conviction, standing on top of the black leather long couch at Kayla's living room with a determined look on her face and her arms crossed over her chest.

It was already seven in the evening and we were all sprawled over at Kayla's living room with bowls of butter caramel popcorn in our laps with our fingers coated in its salty goodness. Each wearing their own cartoon PJs.

It was like having our regular Movie Day that was forgotten throughout the past few weeks was back. And I was a little excited for this night. I knew that it would take my mind off a lot of things. Things that I still couldn't help but thi k about despite the strong need to forget about it.

Right after the confrontation with Austin and the incident that followed when Lily found me 'planking' on snow, Kayla decided to have another one of our All Girls Sleepover. Patrick strongly disagreed at first, saying that Vincent and him were still my friends and that I needed them, too. But all it took was one venomous glare from Lily and the case was closed.

It's like a therapy thing, I remembered Kayla saying through a mouthful of chocolate coated marshmallows. She insisted that having quality time with my best girl friends would instantly heal my broken heart just as fast as a magic healing potion could do. I snorted and shook my head, telling her that my heart was hurt, but definitely not broken. There was a huge difference between the two. But one unconvinced look from Kayla, and I knew that lying to myself wouldn't lessen the pain. So, I went along with the plan and went home to circle Wednesday night as our sleepover day on my calendar.

And now, here we were, sprawled on the floor in bright colored PJs, covered in crumbs of popcorn.

A sudden sound of Kayla clicking her tongue pulled me out of my reverie. I watched her grab a bright green throw pillow and hit Lily's shin with it, earning a loud 'ow' from our friend.

"Will you get your feet off the couch? People buy couches so they could use it to sit down. Not for standing up."

Lily rolled her eyes, but sat down anyway, folding her legs under her thighs. She then turned to look at me with a wide grin that made me recoil in my seat.

"What's with the grin?"

Her smile widened, making me feel a little anxious on what she had in mind. "So..."

My brows lifted. "So?"

"I'm just really, really curious. I've read this somewhere and I never got the opportunity to test it myself. Then, then here you are! A golden opportunity for me to find out-" she cleared her throat and shifted in her seat for a more comfortable position before staring at me with those big blue eyes of hers. "Is pizza better than ice cream in times of boy-problems?"

What?

I was taken aback by her question, rendering me speechless for a good moment as I processed her words in my head.

Honestly, I'd rather have a dozen packs of green tea-flavored Kit-Kats and three litters of Sprite with lots of ice. Yes, I'd rather subject myself to the risk of Diabetes than to eat greasy pizza and the overly-cliché ice cream pints. I was done with crying over a tub of Ben and Jerry's as I wrapped myself in a cocoon of duvet.

But a box of steaming hot, Meat Lover's pizza with extra cheese and hot sauce wouldn't be so bad. After all, this night was meant to be an all-girls-sleepover where we'd tackle all the bad things about men as we pig out on all the food we could afford. I needed all the Carbohydrates and calories I could get.

So, with a brief glance at Kayla for confirmation question who shrugged, I looked back at Lily to nod my head which made her squeal in delight.

"'Kay! Pizza it is!"