3

"Steven" a voice whispered his name once and then again. Steven turned around and had a look around but no one was there.

"Hello?!" He yelled and he heard his name again.

"You need to stop" the voice said as Steven started to move around the apartment to find where it's coming from.

"Who said that?" He asked he look kinda scared.

"Your gonna get yourself in trouble" the voice told him.

"Someones having a laugh" he told himself as he wondered around his apartment. He went to the bathroom and looked around he noticed his reflection was doing it's own thing.

"What the..." Steven said and then with a panicked he turned on the bathroom light and his reflection went back to normal.

He sighed in relief and then the light flickered like they do in horror movies. "Steven!" The voice said to Steven but a bit more aggressive this time, "stop looking"

Then everything started rumbling. "Oh god what's happening?" Steven asked himself as he rushed to the door.

He unlocked the door and ran out of the apartment and headed to the elevator.

"Oh god!" He yelled as he ran to the elevator and as it opened he saw Echo she had the flowers in their hand that she took from him earlier. "Echo?!" He said he looked worried.

Before Echo could ask anything he rushed into the elevator and started pressing buttons.

"Okay like what the hell man?!" Echo asked she looked angry and confused.

"Okay Steven I've like known you for a few seconds and I know your scared but if you just tell me what's going on..." Echo said she could feel the rise of anxiety and fear he has right now.

Steven turned to face his reflection and everything was the same. That's when Echo realised where she recognised him from. A mercenary she met while she was in Egypt.

Then the elevator stops. And the doors slowly opened. "Isn't this the same floor?" Echo asked Steven. The lights stopped flashing but Steven still looked scared.

"Yeah I think" he said and he rapidly starts pressing the G button. Then the lights went of and a tall figure could be seen.

The figure turned its head slightly and it looked like a beak and the figure also held a staff. Then it turned around full and started getting close to them.

Echo was confused on what she is witnessing and Steven looks terrified. Then a old woman walked in and the bird person was gone.

"What the fuck?" Echo mumbled t themself. The old woman seemed kind of in a rush and Steven started a conversation with her but she seemed uneasy and Echo didn't need to feel this woman's emotions she can just see it.

Then the elevator stopped and the woman got out and started rapidly banging on a door.

"What's going on?" Steven asked himself in a confused tone and then Echo turned around and saw the bird person and she screamed it was a man with a head of a dead bird.

Steven turned around and saw the bird man and screamed in fear.