45

"Come. You won't believe what the Gods have hidden from mankind." Harrow said to his followers as they entered the room.

The avatars went down to Harrow along with Echo.

"Echo lovely to see you again" Harrow smiled.

"Yeah zip it asshole!" Echo snapped and Harrow took his attention to the gods avatars.

"You're judges, not warriors. This doesn't need to happen." Harrow said and blasted the gods with the purple beam.

Echo saw Layla sneak to the other way and Echo followed her. They're were so many different stone statues and then Layla looked for one that looked like Khonshu she grabbed it and turned to echo.

"Is this it?" She asked

"Yeah" echo replied with.
___________________________

"This was all so avoidable." Harrow said to the dead avatars on the floor. Then one of his followers handed him the Ammits statue.

He took it and smashed it if the floor. A light purple cloud came from it and appeared ammit. And everyone kneeled.

"To whom do I owe my gratitude?" Ammit asked. Harrow looked up to her.

"Your humble disciple, my Goddess, to whom you owe nothing." Harrow told her.

"Your Scales lack balance." Ammit said to Harrow.

"I understand. I had hoped my penance might correct my imbalance, but I see now that's impossible. I accept the Scales regardless of the outcome." Harrow said as ammit walks closer to him.

"They lack balance because of what lies ahead of you." Ammit said to Harrow.

"Then we must spare the world the pain I will cause." Harrow said almost crying, "I willingly submit."

"What lies ahead of you is your service to me." Ammit said as she circled Harrow.

"How may I serve you in death?" Harrow asked

"Your death is delayed. I once relied on a servant whose Scales balanced perfectly. In exchange, I was bound to stone for 2,000 years." She explained as she stopped in front of Harrow.

"But I have disciples all over the world whose Scales balance perfectly, awaiting your command. They are worthy, my Goddess." Harrow explained to her

"But you are the one who set me free. You are the Avatar that I need. Serve me, and you will find peace. Do not let the pain of the past control you." She said

"As you wish."  Harrow said and his eyes glowed slightly.
___________________________

Layla placed the statue on the floor and broke it and khonshu appeared in front of them making Layla gasp.

"I do not sense Marc Spector in this world. He died fighting, no doubt." Khonshu said.

"Fighting your war. He is dead because of you!" Echo yelled but not to loudly so the could be heard.

Then a dark cloud mixed with a dark purple hit echo making her eyes glow dark purple slightly. Layla just looked at echo.

"And it's far from over. If Marc is truly gone, I am in need of an Avatar. Would you, Layla El-Faouly, protect the travelers of the night..." Khonshu said ignoring what just happened.

"Are you joking? You turned Marc's life into a waking nightmare. Why would I ever sign up for that?" Layla told khonshu.

"Because you won't win against Harrow and Ammit alone. Neither will you Echo." Khonshu said.

"I'll take my chances. Let's go Layla" Echo said and started to walk away.

"Marc was in crisis over you Echo. His lack of focus got him killed." Khonsu told Echo making her stop walking and turned around.

"Over me? You made his life a living hell! What you think I couldn't see you or hear you?! Your pathetic Khonsu!" Echo yelled in anger.

"Echo you need to.." Layla said

"Shut it Layla!" Echo snapped and her eyes glowed a dark purple then went back to there natural colour.

"You need a plan, little bugs. And my help. What I offer..." Khonsu told echo and Layla.

"I don't care what you can offer. Marc didn't trust you. I don't trust you. Echo...well I'm not sure. We'll work together without me enslaving myself." Layla told Khonsu

"We must rebind Ammit." Khonsu said

"How?" Layla asked

"Yeah how father?" echo asked saying 'father' sarcastically.

"Only an Avatar can do it." Khonsu said

"I said "no."" Layla told Khonsu then he disappeared and echo followed.