39

"Taweret, what's going on?" Steven asked as him and Marc ran up to her.

"Fear is spreading in the upper world. Unbalanced souls are being judged or condemned to the sands before their time. Oh, this is bad. This is evil." Taweret muttered as purple glowing stones cracked into the sands.

"Harrow." Marc said muttered. Steven walked up to taweret.

"You see why we have to go back?" Steven told her.

"Even if I could send you back up there, you'd just be returning to a body with a bullet in it. You wouldn't be able to heal." She told Steven.

"Can you send word to Layla? Or echo?" Steven asked and Marc turned to look at Steven, "Please. Help us free Khonshu."

"Are you sure you want to be with Khonshu again? Seems like you really want to get away from him." She said to Marc and Steven.

"I did, but this is our only shot. It's the way it's gotta be." Marc said looking up to the hippo.

"Please, Taweret, you have to help us. Please." Steven begged

"What the heck? Osiris is not going to like this." She said as she went to steer the boat, "his gate is the only path back."

She turned the handle changing the boat's direction almost making Marc and Steven go over board.

"Get back inside! You don't have long. Get those Scales balanced." Taweret yelled and Marc and Steven ran back in.

"There was that bedroom that you didn't want me to go into. That's it. That's where we'll go." Steven said as him and Marc walked down the white hallways.

"Just a second. Just wait a second. Just give me a second here. Okay?" Marc said stopping Steven from walking anymore, "Um, look, we don't have to go back through it all again. We can just talk."

Steven looked at Marc he knew he was hiding something from him. "Let's just talk. Right here, right now. I'll tell you... I'll tell you everything." Marc told Steven his eyes watering a bit, "Okay? I'm just begging you, don't make us go there again. It's not worth it.

"Not worth it? Not worth it?" Steven said he sounded annoyed and confused on what marc was hiding from him, "Marc, you're about to lose everything. Do you understand?"

Marc's breathing got heavier and his eyes filled with more tears. "If we don't get back, and Harrow succeeds, and all those people die..." Steven said doing all sorts of hand gestures, "If Echo dies, that's on your head. It'll be all your fault."

"No, no, no! You can't!" Marc shouted and started hitting his face repeatedly, "I won't do it! I won't do it! You can't make me! You can't make me!"