7

"You can't leave!" Echo told him.

"I can and I will!" Steven yelled making Echo flinch a little and then the lights flickered and Steven slipped past Echo and ran out.

"For fuck sake. STEVEN!" Echo yelled, she grabbed their skateboard and she left the locker as well. Steven was stood out side and then the lights went on and then of get closer and closer to them every time.

Then the figure from before with a bird skull as a head could be seen coming closer and closer as the light moved as well.

Steven screamed and then him and Echo ran away. Then they went bumped into him again.

"Give it back you fool" was all the bird giant spoke. Steven screamed in fear again and then him and echo ran again.

They ran out the building and Steven tripped and almost got ran over by a motorcycle. "Marc? Where have you been? And why are you with Echo?" A woman asked. Echo knew her. Layla.

"Hey Layla how have you been?" Echo asked with an awkward smile.

"Well don't just lie there Marc hope on!" Layla yelled to Steven complete ignoring Echo and they left.

Echo sighed as she tried to follow the motorcycle.

__________________________
Steven and Layla made it to his flat first. Steven unlocked the door and opened it and let Layla in. Then the elevator pinged and Echo walked out of it.

"You know Layla you could have gave me a lift too it would be nice" Echo told Layla as she followed Layla into the flat.

"Yeah well it's not like we friends exactly" Layla sighed. Steven flat was a mess and Echo notice the ankle restraints on the pillar beside to bed.

"So how do you to know each other?" Steven asked as he  shut the door.

"We we're friends" Echo replied with as she looked at the fish.

"Yeah before you stole from me and Marc!" Layla yelled.

"She shouldn't be here and nether should Echo" Marc said from the reflection of the fish tank, "get her out of here Steven"

"I just want my life back" Steven said Layla turned around and gave Steven a weird look.

" hey who wants a coffee?" Echo asked

"Why are you being nice?" Layla asked as she turned and looked at Echo.

"Because I want to make it up to you" Echo said with a sweet smile.

"What so I can forgive you after stealing the scarab and then ditching me and Marc?!" Layla asked

"Okay I- I have nothing to say about that" Echo stuttered.

"Hey Steven I have a question why do you have ankle restraints?" Echo asked

"Ummm....well.." he stuttered

"What's this?!" Layla asked as she held up the scarab.

"Well Layla that would be the scarab that Marc stole from my apartment" Echo said as she took a sip of coffee.

"Really Marc the scarab pointing to Ammits ushabti? What we fought side by side for!" Layla told Steven.

"Oh don't forget about me!" Echo said with a smile before she took another side of coffee. Then Layla and Steven started talking and there words over lapping each other.

"Take it. I don't want it. I don't want it I swear. Have it!" Steven yelled and Echo spat her coffee out in surprise.

"I am not Marc Spector!" Steven told Layla, "I'm Steven Grant I work in a gift shop. Well used to work in a goofy shop and I'm in danger and I think you can be one of the people to help me"

"You really don't remember why we've been looking for this?" Layla asked. Echo wanted to laugh a little at how stupid Layla can be sometimes.

"No sorry I wish I could" Steven sighed. Then there was a knock on the door. "Steven Grant can we have a word?" A woman asked from behind the door.

"See oh god they've come for me" Steven said in a worried tone. "Why?" Layla asked.

"Because he vandalised a toilet" Echo laughed a little as she put the empty cup in the sink.

Then there was a knock again. "Yeah just a minute!" Steven yelled.

"Steven Grant" the woman said again, "DC Fitzgerald and DC Kennedy here." Layla slowly back away and climbed out the window.

"Oh and she's gone" Echo said to themself as Steven opened the door.

"Hello officers" Steven said as he peaked his head out the door. "Mind if we come in Mr Grant?" The woman asked.

Then the male office kicked open the door making Steven move back. "Anyone else with you?" The female officer asked.

"Echo walked up to Steven. "Yep just his girlfriend" she said with a smile and then she turned to Steven and whispered quietly, "just play along with it"

Steven nodded. "So why are you here?" Echo asked but the officers just ignored him. "Is this about the toilet? 'Cause it's been felt with. Yeah. I've been sacked." Steven explained to them.

The female cop made her way over to the bed and found the ankle restraints and she gave them both a weird look. "You don't want to know" Echo said with a small smile.

"Don't listen to them I have a sleeping disorder" Steven said giving Echo a weird look.

And the woman walked away from the bed. "And yeah the museum said they wouldn't press charges" Steven told the officers, "as long as uh...as long as I do it in instalments. That's uh... they said that I could" Steven stuttered.

Then the female office noticed the open window and went towards it. "What's this?" The male office asked holding a pyramid paperweight.

"It's a paperweight ass" Echo told the officer and then she walked away to get another cup of coffee.

Steven sat down and Echo sat next to him with their cup of coffee. "You're in possession of a stolen item" the male office said making Echo choke on their coffee.

Steven helped Echo and said, "oh yeah I.." then the male office went towards the duffel bag.

"No I don't have it. I don't. No, it's not here" Steven stuttered.

"Steven shut it your making things worse" Echo told him. Then the male office picked up a passport.

"Oh shit" Echo whispered to themself.

"Marc Spector?" He read.