CHAPTER 7

DEE'S POV

I walked from the locker room with my handbag and a bottle of ginger beer in my hand. I drank the ginger beer through a straw. Today is Wednesday and I went to work earlier this morning as my schedule changed once again. Starting today I'm supposed to report to work at 7 each morning and get let off at 4 on Weekdays and I still had the weekends off.

I walked to the workers bus and got a seat behind the driver. At 4:15 the bus was loaded and drove off to Santa Cruz. On journey to Santa, I sipped my drink while watching videos on tiktok.

My phone beeped and I saw a couple messages come up. I chose to reply to Nana's message first and made a note to reply to the other messages later when I'm home.

BESTFRENN❤🦋😘

You ago get groceries today rite?
4:35 ✅

Yeah. Mi deh pon mi way a come Santa.
4:37 ✅

Arite. Mi ago sen 35 gran inna u account
fi help pay the light bill, and the water bill.
The rent due tmw so juss pay it today.
Anything weh lef use it buy some food
weh can serve till next month.
4:39 ✅

But dem deh place deh ago lock when mi
reach Santa girl. So juss send the
money fi the food.
4:39 ✅

Sen mi di list too.
4:39 ✅

Fi real. Mi will juss pay it tmw when
mi come from work. Mi soon sen
you di list, Ago type it.
4:39 ✅

Arite. Mi ago reach Santa by 5:30 so mek
mi get it by then.
4:40 ✅

I closed her chat. I went back into tiktok and continued watching some videos and saving some sounds making a mental note to make some tiktok in my free time.

Nana sent the list to me and I looked at it. I got the notification saying the money was transferred into my account so I knew Nana sent the money.

《🦋💜🦋》

I was walking to the supermarket. I had just went to the market to buy some ground provisions, seasons and vegetables. I left the bag at the baggage area of the supermarket then walked in.

I took a trolley to carry the goods I intended to pick up.

I was walking around the supermarket picking up all the things on the list.

"Yuh waa help?"

I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see Badz. He was dressed in a yellow polo shirt, a navy blue polo shorts and a black Polo slippers.

 He was dressed in a yellow polo shirt, a navy blue polo shorts and a black Polo slippers