PROLOGUE

WARNING: this chapter contains a sexual assault scene, I will be putting "*" where it starts and where it ends if you want to skip it.

• An assassin •

Why is my life like this?

The sky is darker than black while I am walking towards a car wearing black leather trying to less noticeable.

I reach the car and open the front passenger seat's door.

"What's up M.?" I looked in the revue mirror to find Jack, he is.... a colleague?

He's an assassin like me. He's Spanish, I am French. He's two years older than me.

"I'm good." I responded keeping my eyes on the house in front of me waiting for the Irish mafia heir to leave his hiding place so I can kill him then finally go home.

"Oh what did you say? How am I? Yeah I am good thanks for asking." I can feel him rolling his eyes.

"Shut up." I hate small talk.

The driver's and the back passenger's doors open at the same time revealing a Cortello and someone I don't know.

I rolled my eyes at the fucking Cortello next to me.

It's Domenico Cortello.

Italians and Frenches never get along and never will.

"The fuck you looking at me like that?" He exclaimed making me look at him with a glare that can pierce through his soul.

"Watch how you fucking speak to me Cortello!" I shot back.

"Fucking watch your mouth little girl. Next time I will bury a bullet in your skin—"

"Bro drop it. Let's kill the fucker and go home." The stranger in the back, said.

"Asshat." I muttered.

I didn't know I was working with a fucking Cortello in this mission. I told him I don't get along with Italians.

"When marimba rhythms start to play. Dance with me, make me sway, Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore. Hold me close, sway me more—"

"Jack. No." I cut him off glaring at him in the revue mirror. His singing might be my thirteenth reason.

"My name is Jake." He whimpered. "This is our fifth mission together. I thought we're besties by now."

"Stupid." I nearly chuckled.

"The door of the house just opened." The stranger said.

"The target is out." I said getting my knives out.

"It's 2022, no one uses knives anymore, if you don't know how to use guns then stay home and become a doctor or shit, maybe this isn't meant for you." The Cortello said to me.