TWENTY SEVEN

• french buddy •

We're in Paris. I have been here when I was young. When the French mafia was so weak because Blake Blade basically owned it. However, since Morana's appearance, the French mafia is now one of the most powerful.

I looked at Morana who was looking out of the car window. This is her city. And she loves it, you can see the longing in her eyes.

"Shit." Gio muttered as a police car turned its siren on gesturing for Gio to pull over.

"I told you to fucking slow down." Milo told him from next to him. "You don't own the world Gio, we're not in our territory."

"Shh." Gio shushed Milo who was shaking his head disappointed.

"We're already bringing attention to ourselves. Fucking Cortellos." Dom said low-key smirking.

"Shut up." Gio told him glaring at him in the rearview mirror. "You're getting on my nerves, Dom."

I called Kieran who is on a motorcycle, and he pulled over at a good distance from us, watching to see if he needs to intervene.

Gio pulled over and two police officers got out of the car. Gio rolled down the window. "Bonjour monsieur, vos papiers s'il vous plaît." One of the french officers said.

Gio reached for the glove compartment but stopped once Morana leaned forward putting her hand on the center console.

"Bonjour monsieur, je pense il n'y a pas de soucis la." She said then held out her hand— showing her wrist, her tattoo. "On est d'accord, non?"

"Passez une bonne journée." The officer said backing away, fearful. "Merci, vous aussi." Morana said before sitting back down looking out of the window again.

Gio looked back at her but she didn't meet his gaze. I called Kieran telling him that we're good. Then we continued our drive.

Milo looked at Morana in the rear-view mirror visibly concerned. "You hold power here, huh?" He asked her.

She didn't look away from the window. "This is my city." She whispered. "But I hold power everywhere." She said meeting his eyes for less than a second before she looked out of the window again.

We got to our destination. It's one of Morana's properties. A house. We got out of the car looking around.

Morana rang the bell and we all shared a look confused. No one was supposed to be here. I hate to admit it but I put my hand on my gun, and I wasn't the only one, my brothers too, except for Gio— that arrogant fucker will die one day because of his pride, and Milo is also trusting Morana completely.

"C'est moi." Morana said in the microphone. And the door opened. She went in without looking back to see if we're following her, we waited for Gio's next move and when he went in, we followed him.