THIRTY SEVEN

• Dimples •

My hands were slightly shaking as I looked up at Ace Lorenzo Blade

My hands were slightly shaking as I looked up at Ace Lorenzo Blade. I didn't smile and neither did he. I must admit though, I'm kinda excited for this dance, I have never been asked to dance before maybe because I'm young, but Ace was the first to ask me on a dance, ever.

He put his hand on my back, the touch was so soft that I had to focus to know that it was there. His touch was very indifferent, like he might as well be touching a wall.

I tightened my hand that's holding his which made him look more into my eyes. I only did that to stop my hands from shaking.

"My eyes are quite unique, I know." I said because he hasn't said a word and kept looking into my eyes. I sounded breathless which was so embarrassing.

"What do you mean?" Ace asked, a soft wonder touched his tone.

I tilted my head at his stupid question. "Well, they are red."

"Red?" He asked genuinely surprised. He has been looking into my soul for a hot minute now and didn't notice the colour of my eyes? The very first thing anyone ever notices about me when they look at me is the red of my eyes. I'm so confused.

"You're anti-Blade." Ace said after clearing his throat, changing the subject, and my confusion disappeared, instead raw fear coursed through my veins.

"Yes." I responded. There was no point in lying. He knows everything— well except the colour of my eyes, that was so weird. "Are you going to kill me?" I asked straightforwardly.

"Not for that, no." Ace responded. Relief was the first thing I felt before I focused more on his words. I need to analyse every letter he utters, every breath he takes. Me being this fucking close to him is not going to happen again or at least anytime soon, because he wouldn't let an enemy get so close to him, now he's allowing it only because he knows I'm too smart to attack him in a closed space full of his and his father's soldiers. But I know, once we're out of here, it'd be a rare occasion to even glance at him from afar.

"So you're going to kill me for something else?" I asked.

"Possible." Ace responded. A predictable response.

"You're not going to kill people for being anti-Blade?" I asked.

"Words are words, nothing more. If they don't act upon it, they won't face my wrath." Ace responded. Clinical, Calm and cold.

"When are you going to kill me?"

"For now, you haven't done anything that requires me to kill you."

"You're not even announced yet."

"Look around, Morana," he spins me softly and I let out a small gasp not expecting it, "they know who I am, they know what I'm about to do and they already fear me more than anyone and anything. I don't need to be announced." Ace said very confidently but never arrogant because what he's saying is the truth.