THIRTY ONE

• no pulse •

The guards actually allowed me access to the basement without having me telling them to

The guards actually allowed me access to the basement without having me telling them to. I met Elio down a corridor and he was talking to some guy. He dismissed him the minute he saw me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked confused.

"I want to see Gabriel." I responded.

"But you told Gio—"

"I know. Is he still alive?" I cut him off not wanting to waste any second.

"Follow me." Elio said. I followed him through the corridors looking at the different cells with people I have fought along and against. How can they sleep in a house where people who want to kill them are just downstairs? They are not the only mafia to have a basement full of prisoners and they are weird as fuck for it because that's what warehouses are for.

We finally reached a high security cell and I knew we reached Gabriel. And finally I'm inside. All of my brothers were there discussing something but they stopped when they saw me. I looked at Gabriel.

There he was. I can see him through the glass, he can't see me because it's a mirror on his side. He looks so bad. They messed him up really really bad.

"Morana.." Milo spoke but he didn't have anything to say. "Don't be here."

But I needed to say goodbye.

"No, I want to talk to him." I said still looking at Gabriel. "I need to."

"Morana, are you sure?" Gio asked me and I nodded.

"I will go in alone." I said.

"No—"

"I'm going alone." I cut Kieran off.

And I did go into the room alone. But I knew my brothers can hear and see us. I didn't care.

Gabriel lifted his head and our eyes met and a smile made its way to his lips. "Morana." He muttered my name. "My beautiful girl."

[A/N: their conversation is in french but I'm lazy so you're only getting the translations. Love you <333]

I sat down on the floor facing him, leaning my back on the wall. You know, I just realised that I'm terrified of him. I just realised how much my body resented him. Goosebumps spread throughout my body. But I didn't let my fear show instead I expressed the betrayal I felt.

"I'm sorry." He apologised and I almost didn't believe my ears. "I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry." They tortured him that bad?!? Holy fuck they got a mafia boss apologising! Not once, not twice but thrice!

Moments of us staring at each other's passed. Before I decided to speak.

"I remember," A stupid tear rolled down my cheek. "When I was six and we were at the mall. I remember asking you... if I can call you dad."