THIRTY THREE

• school •

I start school tomorrow

I start school tomorrow. Not happy about that at all. But at least my period is finally over, it lasted three days which is apparently not long compared to other girls so I'm grateful to my body.

"Hey." Kieran entered my room where I was organising my school stuff, I'm only doing it because I feel so nervous and this gives me a sense of control.

"Hi." I said back before I sat on my desk chair. He walked towards my bed and lied down crossing his arms against his chest while looking at me.

"There will be boys there." He said and I looked at him confused like... I know that.

"So?"

"Boys are bad."

"Kieran, I was raised among made men."

"It's not the same. Now you will be with boys your age. It's totally not the same. The men in your life are a kind of bad and the boys in high school are another kind of bad."

"And what kind of bad are they?"

"The kind you'd want to date."

"Kieran!" I rolled my eyes on him. I hate talking about this with my brothers, I don't know why but I feel so shy and uncomfortable. "I'm not going to date anyone."

"Okay."

"Yeah."

"It's settled then."

"Yes."

"Because Dom would kill them all Morana, you know that right?"

"Yes."

"Good." He got up and left. Stupid brothers.

Later that night, we were all hanging out in the living room. I sat next to Adriano and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Are you ready for school tomorrow?" He asked softly.

"I don't know." I said. Because I don't completely hate school, it honestly depends on my new class.

"Try not to piss off Dom, okay?" He whispered.

"Are you telling me that I can't talk to boys and that I can't date them and stuff because Kieran—"

"I'm not saying that. I'm saying if you want to talk to a boy, just make sure Dom doesn't know about it." He cut me off. My mouth fell open, he's not against me dating? Is this a test?