NINE

• I only have one •

Why is the house so fucking quiet?

"Guys?" I yelled and my voice literally echoed. It feels weird not hearing Morana's skateboard from her bedroom to all the way down here or not hearing her knives making holes in every wall that gets in her way or her phone calls. It's been hours since she left but it feels like days.

"Kitchen!" Kieran called out so I head where he told he is.

"Getting drunk, I see." I said as soon as I stepped in the room finding my two younger brothers; Kieran and Elio drinking knowing that they are both underaged. "Elio you're not even eighteen yet." My words were apparently funny because they both let out that low drunk laugh. "Whatever," I sighed sitting down and pouring a glass for myself. "So what's the occasion?"

"You talk a lot you know that?" Elio rolled his eyes.

"Disrespectful fuck." I muttered causing them to let out the same laugh.

"Everything feels so different without her." Elio muttered pouring more bourbon in his glass.

"I assume you're talking about Morana." I said and he nodded.

"What if she doesn't choose us? We'd loose her forever." He said.

"So you really started caring for her?" Kieran asked him.

"Yeah." He responded. "Imagine having a pet—" We bursted into laughter at the comparison, he's way too drunk. "Ugh, fuck off. I don't mean it that way."

"Is that a tear mr. Elio Cortello?" I asked calling him out.

"Oh fuck." Kieran chuckled. "You miss her?" Elio nodded twice. Elio is the bravest out of all of us, he accepts his feelings, he doesn't care what people would think and he doesn't hide his emotions. We love him for that.

"Every morning I wake her up." He said smiling. "And she runs to the bathroom trying to hide her real eyes from me."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She has red eyes like Gio." He said. "But hers are brighter and so red.... Beautiful if you ask me. I don't know why she hides them with boring brown eyes." Did he just say that my eye colour is boring? Fuck him with his blue eyes.

"I knew it, when we were at my art room, there was a lot of sun and for a moment her eyes looked weird." Kieran said.

"She's so secretive. It feels like you will never really know everything about her." I said.

"She's adorable... too bad the french ruined her." Elio said.

"She's not ruined." I said. "She's perfectly fine, she just needs time to heal.. or I don't even know."

"I don't feel like having dinner together tonight." Elio said. "It's so funny when she keeps staring at Gio like she can't believe she is there and she keeps staring at his eyes but somehow she notices when I put my fork in her food." We chuckle a little at that. "She fears Milo though."