TWENTY THREE

• softie •

I know I'm looking at Morana but

I know I'm looking at Morana but... this isn't her. It's funny how a person can change by just the difference of the look in their eyes. I am not really involved in the underground, I'm more of an office kinda guy so I have never seen this side of her. And I gotta admit, fucking hell she's real tough.

"This is the Morana I worked with." Dom whispered in my ear. "So you all can stop with the 'how could you hate her' question."

"Leo, let's try this again." Morana glared at Leo. Right now, we're talking to the underground king, to see what's the best way for taking Gabriel down.

"There's no trying again, Morana." Leo said getting frustrated. "It's either you become the Italian princess and all you have ever done in the underground goes to trash but at least you'll have Gabriel handed to you without any war-" it's because if she's the princess then no one has the right to touch her beside her future husband- "Or if you want to stay an assassin, your capo should request a war, and then you need my approval." He kept looking at her while she kept rereading the laws of the underground. "There's no other way."

She hit the table with both of her hands frustrated and I swear I saw Leo flinch. "Morana, become the Italian princess, it's the safest option." He told her.

Morana looked at Milo for advice. "This is your decision." He said raising his hands in surrender. "This changes a lot of things."

"Morana, choose the war if you want to, trust me either way we're gonna have that fucking bastard." Gio told her.

"I won't become a princess- it's against everything I have worked for." She said shaking her head no. "After everything I have done- this is exactly what Gabriel wants me to do, this is his punishment, I can't give him the pleasure- I'm Morana for fuck's sake!"

"You will always be Morana, your title doesn't matter, you will always have power in the underground." Leo reassured her, and what he said is not true, titles are very important in the underground.

"No, princesses can't even go into the underground without a male by their sides and I would rather kill myself than be dependent on a man to keep me safe." She chuckled darkly. She sat down on the chair facing Leo. "You gotta help me out here, Leo."

"I can't, I'm sorry. I'm not even supposed to have this conversation with you but you know how much I care about-"

"I'm sick and tired of people caring about me! I don't give a fuck Leo! Hate me for all I care!" She is not Morana, I can't believe that this person in front of me is Morana, the one who nearly cried because I wanted to cover my beauty mark.

"Know your place, I'm still your king." Leo harshened his tone. She just smirked evilly.

"Fine." She glared at him with that sick smile. "I request a war." She finally decided.