THREE

• where were you •

A day has passed, then more days passed

A day has passed, then more days passed. And a whole week passed! And I didn't leave this room!

My first week in my entire life where I killed no one. Where I had no mission or torture because sometimes I get to stay in a cell for a week being tortured as a punishment and always by Gabriel.

I am definitely not the only french assassin but I am the only french assassin that doesn't get punished by the guards but by the mafia don which is very strange even though I am special but I can't be THAT special.

That's why they call me his favourite which is everything but a privilege— okay maybe I have a big ass apartment and I get so much money and I have my own bank account but the punishments pay for that and more.

Thank god, these past years I have became stronger and most of the time I succeed on my missions but there are ones that are just impossible like killing Domenico Cortello.

Elio always brings me food and when he has school he comes by in the early morning so he makes sure I have my lunch. Sometimes he only knocks on my door and I open it to only find a bag of food. Not that I expected him to talk to me or befriend me.

"Jack I am dying." I sighed talking on the phone with Jack, the Spanish assassin that reached out to me two days ago and since then we're always FaceTiming.

"First it's Jake for fuck's sake and second yes you are, because Domenico is going to kill you."

"That ass can do nothing." I scoffed. "I am so bored, I have never felt this... empty? I don't know it's weird."

"You wanna hang out?" He asked me and I didn't expect him to.

"Um yeah." I responded. "I think I'd like that."

"Cool, when and where?"

"Just to remind you, you're the one living in New York. I don't know—"

"There's a skate park in your neighbourhood. Do you want to go there? At 5 pm? Today?"

"Oh my god yeah. I am tired of skating in this room. I will see you there."

"Don't be late like in every mission especially that you don't have excuses this time."

I hung up on him chuckling. I have always found him annoying as hell but he's not that bad actually.

It's 4 a.m. so I decided to get ready as I have noting to do.

When did my life become so... action-less?