Just a little get together

Jaye's POV

"just whack me around the head with a chair, that will do it! Your mother can't make me come unconscious" I smirked at his ridiculous idea, half tempted.

"I wouldn't put it past her Bentley-"

Bentley (or Ben as everyone knows him) is the definition of commitment issues. He's slightly shorter than me so probably around 6'0 and a total moron but he's my bestfriend and basically my brother. He didn't like to stay at home after something to do with his fathers death under suspicious circumstances, because of gambling, and his mothers drug addiction so we took him in. My mother likes to think she saved him from the depths of hell but really all it was, was shitty parents. he's what the ladies describe as tall, dark and handsome. his darker skin and blue/grey eyes isn't something you see every day but he calls it gods mercy for his shitty start in life. he's always got stubble and likes to wear blue because he says it brings out his eyes. basically he is a buffer between my parents and their quest in life to find me a suitable girl.

"Jaye I don't want to whack you with a chair but I will if you call me that again I wont hesitate" I raised my eyebrow at him and his confidence to even think he could get close enough to me. He's always had a thing about his name but he never wants to talk about it so I don't push. Everyone calls him Ben anyway. I genuinely think I'm one of the only people who knows his actual name.

"your own name?" I questioned him in a mocking tone.

"yes the one my mother gave me to ward off chicks for life" He scoffed at his own joke. Typical. "anyway we are going to be late if you don't stop working! Dear old Shannon Smith will have a heart attack if her precious baby boy isn't ther- OWW" I threw a piece of balled up paper at him. dramatic as always.

Although I'm sure he hates these things as much as I do he always seems to make an appearance. he says he has a debt to my mum even if she thinks of him as a charity case. I will always resent my mum for looking at him that way. My dad always treated him as a son, that's when he was around. He still never is.

"you've always had a thing for my mum" I closed my laptop preparing for 'another little get together'. The third this week. 

"what can I say? I think it's the Botox that really gets me going." he wraps his arm around my shoulder only for me to shrug it off as we leave the office. I prepare myself to ward off any of my mum's potential wives.

how to describe my mother in three words... absent, small-minded and extremely nosy. She's always calling me or ben and wondering if grandbabies are on the horizon. of course she'd only be interested if they came from what she calls 'good breeding'. Ben wont settle down for at least a few years so that makes me her prime target. I can only hope this is somewhat more eventful than the last to keep my remaining sanity. although it will be hard to beat ben dancing drunk and naked in the fountains at the gala my mum hosted in 2019 (we were like 18 at the time). I don't think he will ever live it down with Shannon.

She is a short brunette woman with eyes of steel and a face that is constantly looking like she ate something sour. she cannot lift her eyebrows because of the Botox and her lips are always painted blood red. She is an intimidating woman despite her somewhat ridiculous appearance but she is what most people call the pinacol of higher society. AKA the number one snob. she used to love PTA meetings and was the leader.  her skin is ghostly white and most people call her a porcelain doll. I would say she's more of the chucky kind of doll.

I give Ben my keys and we drive to this event, he blasts Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston for what he calls his good luck charm for getting laid tonight. I have a headache and only hope i don't have to stay for long.