I'm a mafia man

Jaye's POV

I've always hated driving. its seriously boring people on the road just annoy me. Bens playlist is questionable honestly. he has Kanye which follows onto one direction. I love we dont care but history just doesn't do it for me. I would never say it to Ben though because he would actually slap me.

When we arrive I see satin herself looking at her watch and shaking her head at us. Ben parks like a maniac and we exit. My phone has been buzzing all night long and all I can think about is work. I'd rather be anywhere else but here. 

"Jaye Anthony Smith and Bentley Peter Smith why on God's Earth are you late? Better yet why didn't you call? come on! no time for explanations hurry up!" she basically screams at us.

"definitely one of her better moods" Ben jokes. He will be my saving grace tonight.

As we are entering the gala Ben mentions someone being literally carried in here and I couldn't think of anything more ridiculous. I can only guess its Becky Waltz. We enter the room and the music stops. everyone watches as we climb the stairs. Its so embarrassing but I plaster a fake smile on my face and look around the room. Great its open plan. the worst kind. Dad isn't here, what a surprise. 

i look around the room and my eyes fall on this gorgeous woman being pulled to the front of the group. "who is she?" I asked Ben. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"she?..."

I looked at her face covered in freckles and auburn hair which frames her face perfectly. he followed my gaze straight towards where she stood picking at her fingers.

"I don't know man but she's wearing green and I read somewhere that chicks who wear green are like really good in bed or whatever.."

"shut up man-"

"I believe the word is fortune teller and you will thank me later". 

Immediately my mother forces about 5 women onto me introducing them but all I could think about was the woman in green.

"hey handsome" Becky Waltz, her shrill voice could be heard from a mile away. she always squirms her way next to me and honestly its annoying. My mother thinks its a match made in heaven. Honestly she reminds me of my mother which is obviously the worst imaginable thing.

"Becky darling! how are you? I heard you had your bag stolen what horrid people there are in the world" my mother exclaims.

"Shannon! yes people are so cruel. i was just chatting with your son here and honestly he could whisk me away with those big strong arms." she jabbed at my bicep. If ick was in the dictionary her face would be right next to it. I have to get away but she has me in her claws. I look to be to help me but he smirks. traitor.

"I have to go and meet with Jacksons so I will catch up with you love birds later" And with that she walks away.

It was only then when I heard this infectious laughter my eyes darted around the room trying to find the women who made such a sound. no luck. with Beck's head in my direct line of vision it was hard to see anything else. 

she continued to pester me for another hour and i begged the universe to get my out of this when my mother comes back. Ben is flirting away with the women probably wanting to get one into bed. when I asked the universe to send me a get away my mum wasn't what I had in mind. She had two women behind her.

"Jaye, Ben this is Darcy and Eve. You remember them!" She gave me a look meaning even she didn't know who they were but didn't want to be rude. I tried to take a step forward but Becky whispered something in my ear and walked off. I didn't hear what she said because i was entranced by the girl in front of me.

"But of course. It has been a while Darcy" He takes her hand as she whispers something in his ear and leads her over to the bar. He's a sucker for a good drink. I on the other hand dont like to drink. the group of women still surrounded me and this women infected my every thought.

"Jaye come say hello to Eve" my mother demanded. I wasn't going to refuse. I practically ran away from those women. I didn't want it to come across as too desperate so I tried to sound distant.

"hi" hi? What the fuck was that?! I just fucked up my chance because of an introduction. Fuck. I couldn't read her face but it was almost like she was thinking.

"You will have to excuse me. i find these events rather... hard hitting. I think I will go for some fresh air." she looks me up and down. "it was a pleasure Mr. Smith. she smiles and walks towards the door. I was too stunned to speak.

She has a slight hour glass figure and freckles which litter her face. her slightly blushed cheeks and green eyes have my heart racing. Her red hair would make her stand out in any crowd so why can I not remember her? That green dress is doing wonders for her... and me. 

I excuse myself from my company and follow her. I could use some fresh air. She isn't the only reason... I reach the garden and there she is. She is picking flowers. Daises. I clear my throat to get her attention and I think I startled her. Honestly she isn't a good actress.

"You startled me mafia man" she said and I dont think I understood what she said.

"pardon?" I said lifting my head to the side.

"I said that you gave me a fright Mr. Smith" she thinks she's smooth.

"My mother would have your head if she caught you picking flowers" I said. she placed the daisy into her little black bag.

"I think she will have your head if she finds you out here and not meeting those delightful girls" she smirked.

"If. If she finds me. so tell me why I dont remember you." I say trying to picture her in any event.

"I'm not sure, you would think with a head as large as yours you'd be the font of all knowledge." I scoffs at her insult.

"if my head is so large it must mean all of my other features are big as well" now that was smooth.

"or your body is trying to compensate for something" That was quite funny and a little insulting.

CRASSSHHHHH. Me and Eve turned around and headed back into the room only to see Ben and the other woman Eve was with had thrown a platter into a window. he is drunk 100%. I was fighting a smile. We gave each other a sorry glance and went to collect our people.

"Shannon is going to k-kill me" Ben said laughing to himself. the woman cackled. 

I saw her struggling to pick up her friend so i just picked her up. Its wasn't hard she was pretty much like a toddler with how small she was.

"sorry about my brother" I said trying to consolidate her she must be embarrassed.

"sorry about my cousin" We both smiled at our stupid relatives and I grabbed her phone and put my number into it. I was going to put my name in when I thought of what she had called me so I put in mafia man. I guess I'm a mafia man now.

I walked off hoping to find a calm mother and a sober brother. a man can dream.