Second opinion

Jaye's POV

"This is ludicrous!" My dad says slamming his fork down. "I won't accept this stupid idea of a relationship"

"What your father means to say is maybe she's not your one Jaye and I don't think... we don't think you should date anymore." Mum says in an arrogant way.

"You know what..." My blood is boiling and I'm interrupted.

"Jaye thank you for the evening. I'm leaving... thanks for nothing tonight but give my warmest regards to your chef." Mum scoffs at that. She's leaving. My mother and that man had no right.

The girls walk out and Ben looks at me and I nod. He walks after them.

"Fuck you two and your stupid ass decisions on MY life." I'm shouting aiming it at no one In particular just both of them.

"JAYE!" My mother shouts.

"No! What if I marry the girl? Then what? You'll shun me forever?" That'd be nice.

My dad scoffs and my mum says "you've been dating for a few weeks marriage wouldn't happen" I'm not planning on marrying her but what if I meet a girl and my mum decides she's the one and they don't agree.

"Good bye Shannon." I say leaving before either of them can say anything. They had absolutely no right talking about Eve that way. She's mart, beautiful and a good pickpocket...

I walk up towards the driveway slamming the front door behind me. Ben is trying to talk to the girls but Darcy only has her friend in mind. I go up to the door and tap on the passenger window. She rolls it down looking rather uninterested. 

"Come on let's go for a drive."

"No" she says

"Was I asking my darling?" 

She rolls her eyes and smiles a bit. "Will there be fast food?" 

"Anything you want doll" 

She sighs hugging Dee and walks out. Ben instantly switched places with her slamming the door and shouts out the window that he loves us and they drive off. It didn't take much convincing him to make sure Darcy is alright.

"So lover boy I think I've made my decision. I want McNuggets." 

"You could've had anything and that's it?"

"Im pretty sure you said 'anything you want doll" she says imitating my voice with a bad impression.

I open my car door for her and she takes a seat. I turn on the radio and we drive towards the nearest McDonalds. My eyes are torn between her and the road. The way her skin glows in the night sky and how her hair looks like rubies. Her eyes sparkle when they catch the moon light. She turns her head and I snap mine away from her gaze. We pull up to the drive through and I let her order refusing anything for myself. I've always hated ordering things. The guy in the window hands us her food after I've payed and I drive to an old road and pull over taking her hand and we sit on the hood of the car. 

"Have you ever tried it dipped in milkshake." She says dipping one of her fries into her drink.

"Revolting" 

"Blasphemy dickwad" she says hovering it towards my face. I feel guilty for dragging her to tonight's dinner so I agree to try the abomination of food. It's all wrong. The texture and salt and sweet. No. I gag and spit it out.

"Dramatic"

"It's disgusting! Are you kidding?" 

"You don't get an opinion" she says 

"Oh yeah" I say getting closer to her face.

"Yeah" she says and turns away with red cheeks.

Later on in the night

"NO!" She screams

"It's not my fault that I think doctor strange would beat Loki in a fight."

"He's hot and he's like a frost giant with a god brother."

"Sorry but doctor strange would beat him"

She takes a deep dramatic breath "i think this is it... this is what breaks us up. We're over!" She says hopping off the hood and fake stomps towards the car door.

"You can't do this to me what will we tell the children" I joke.

"That their father is a moron" she says slamming the door playing along with this scenario. "FUCK" I look up frantic as she opens the doors again and out come her fingers.

"Shit" I say grabbing her arm feeling helpless.

"YOU'RE TELLING ME. FUCK IT HURTS."

"What do I do- ambulance? Shit!" I look around for my phone but I must've left it at the house.

"Just take me to The emergency room"

"Are they broken?" I don't know what to do! 

"IT LOOKS BROKEN" she screams looking at her index finger. Shit that's bad.

At the hospital 

I carry her into the room (to her discretion) I gather some stares and nurses come running up. I tell them what happened and she's taken into a room. I'm handed some paperwork and left to my own devices.

"Can I see her? I have private health care and this is the best hospital so why can't I see her?!"

"Relation to the patient?" a nurse says with no emotion.

"B- husband" I've watched enough shows to know that's how I see her. Maybe I didn't have to lie because she only broke a finger but I'm not taking any chances. I feel awful.

"Okay she's in a room getting her finger bandaged so it's wasn't worth the theatrics." She walks me to a room and I stand outside when I hear her voice. She's on face time with Darcy. They are laughing together and I feel relief flooding through me. I decide to stand outside to let them have a moment.

"Yeah it's pretty broken. Mhmm look. Yeah the doctor was pretty hot to be honest" I look around and spot the doctor leaving the room next to hers. He's like average looking. I mean all the guy has on me is a PHD. I could get one of them.

I walk into the room and take her hand making sure it's the one without a broken finger. "We're leaving" she hangs up the phone after saying a quick bye and looks at me with confusion.

"They have bandaged my finger I just need the medication. There's not point leaving now Jaye" she says as I pull her out of the lobby.

"Come on Eve we are leaving and I want a second opinion anyway." She laughs at my comment. She actually laughs. Why is she laughing at me?