Eugene Fitzherbert

Evangeline's POV

"I told you both to go awa- oh my gosh... EVE COME HERE!" I hear Darcy shout from the front door. Panic sets in as I throw my blanket on the floor and fail to pause my film. I'm going to regret that.

"Are you okay?" I reply turning the corner finding Dee on the floor by the door. SHIT. I rush to her side and see the guys standing there looking like awkward teens on their first dates. I roll my eyes and see Darcy cuddling a puppy. "Omg is that yours?" I ask Ben who is holding a lead.

"Our!" Darcy says giving me barley any time to register that this is a gift between the two of them. To be honest they have been getting too close and personal lately. I mean they are engaged which I haven't completely come to terms with yet but Ben basically lives here now. 

"Do you wanna come in Jaye." I ask because Ben and Darcy are now snogging right in front of me in the entry room.

"Yes. This is making me nauseous." He says waving his hand in Darcy and Bens area. 

"Jealousy isn't a good colour on you Jaye." Ben says in response whilst Darcy is flipping me off. This earns a smirk from him and it kind of warms my heart. In a... friendly sort of way.

I open the door to my room and gesture for him to take a seat on the beaten up sofa in front of the window that looks out onto gorgeous walls of another apartment complex. He takes a seat and I take a seat on the end of my bed opposite him. His tie is new... I haven't seen this one. It's navy blue with faint grey lines in a diagonal pattern. He looks like he has something on his mind.

"That apology gift is something else. I mean a puppy?! He might as well of asked her to marry him- that's already happened, but you get the picture." I laugh. He laughs too but not in a funny way in an awkward way.

"I umm- I'll be right back." He says and before I get to respond he's gone. I sit there left quite dumbfounded. I sit and wait for around five minutes when I hear a light knock on the door which is left slightly ajar. 

"Jaye you don't you don't have to knock on the-" I see him enter with a tiny orange fur ball in his arms. He takes a seat next to me and sighs.

"Listen I know this seems like an apology gift and the timing also makes it seem like an apology gift but think of it as just a gift. A token of my gratitude..." he says holding the tiny animal in his grasp.

"Do you want to let it go?" I ask smiling because I think he has an attachment to this little ball of love.

"Yes I want to be rid of this pest but it's sleeping." 

"Righttt." I laugh. "Wait aren't you allergic to cats?!" I say now slightly concerned.

"Yeah. How'd you even know-" he says.

"What are those?" I say pointing to the boxes being dropped off by my door. I walk towards the mountains of them.

"Cat essentials." He says with a straight face like this is normal.

"Essentials?! You got it a princess cat bed with two floors." I laugh.

"Yes. What if he wanted to feel like a princess?" I don't know how he's keeping a straight face because my cheeks are aching from smiling so much. He's infectious.

"He?"

"He" he says echoing my last word. The kitten stirs in his arms and wakes up. He places him down and he starts exploring my room. "Oh I got you this too." He rummages through a shopping bag and picks out a black box. He shuffles closer to me making my heart skip a beat. Traitor. He puts the box into my hands and watches in anticipation. I open the box and see a small green band. My heart expands massively when I realise it's an identical fabric to my dress. When I take it out and place the black box on his lap I see a small fish tag. It hasn't been marked yet which is adorable because he wants me to name him.