Dad?

Evangeline's POV:

I was sat on the sofa which is my second home perusing through an email Jaye had sent me. An email. Who even sends emails still he could've just texted me but noooo.

'I have come to the conclusion that we need public attention. We need to be seen in public to allow for the full affect of our "relationship". Aside from weekly Tuesday meals with my parents we need to be seen on... dates. You may pick the first event but be prepared there may be media attention. Yours sincerely Jaye.'

Weekly meals? I'm living the Gilmore life now I suppose. I mean how hard can a meal be? If I'm picking the date then it'll be something fun not a dinner. A double date! He has a brother and I have a cousin. We will brainstorm in the car on the way tonight.

"I mean I love leggings and a graphic tee moment but maybe not to meet the parents" Dee says putting in earrings. She's wearing a little sleeved black dress and her hair is slightly curled at the ends.

"I'm going to change now" she looks at her watch and tilts her head in confusion.

"I though you said Mother Gothel likes to have a little drink before the meal? and it starts at like 7:30?" Great she's actually excited to go.

"Yeahhhh I just want to miss a little, you know?" She gives me a disappointed look. Dee has this thing where she doesn't even back out of a deal. Like ever. "It's like 7:00 calm down I'll go now."

I'm getting dressed in Dee's red dress when I suddenly feel a pang of nervousness. I've never been to a fancy house meal. I don't know what fork to use and when. I have to do this. For Dee. I won't let her be in trouble for this. I walk outside and Dee takes me keys and we are off.

We are late. Officially late. I'm sure they are having pleasant conversations with their mum. I decide to make him sweat a little.

Me: 'hey running late we will get there when we get there. Probs around 8:02pm. 🙂'

Prick face ♥️:'no you need to get here now!'

Me : '🖕🏻'

I shut off my phone putting it in my bag and joined Dee singing 'dancing queen'.

"Omg! That's it."

"What's it?" I asked

"Karaoke! Let's take the boys to Karaoke. Picture it now. Some of the most respected men singing along to a song of our choice. They get their media coverage and we get our fun."

"Dee you're brilliant." I say as we pull up onto the driveway. You remember the fresh Prince house? Bigger. It was an old build with acres of land. It's crazy. 

Me: 'I'm outside dickwad xx'

I laugh at my nickname for him and change his contact name.

They walked out a huge office through the hallways that could fit our apartment inside. Suddenly I'm engulfed up in a death grip by Shannon. She smells like lavender and is wearing itchy clothes that scratch my bare arms. She releases me and I gasp for air. She preys on Darcy next. He checks his watch right in front of me. Dick. I'm like 20 mins late that's nothing. The guys then exchange awkward greetings with us and Jaye places his hand on the small of my back and I'm shocked by the movement and my breath hitches. Two can play it that game mafia man and I lean into him.

"Would you girls like a drink" Shannon looks directly at me and I think I start sweating.

"Not for me thanks" I say. I look over to Dee and hide my smile as she try's to fight the urge to drink.

"A small cocktail please" she caved.

We sit on the sofa together and I think the awkwardness has now set in Shannon asks both me and Dee about our 'parents' and I feel Jayes gaze on me.

"You have to tell me again darling, what is it your parents actually do?" Shut up dickwad.

"Huh?" I say chocking on the water mother Gothel forced me to have. "Oh you know babe I've definitely told you this" I think I've gone red.

"I was probably indulged in work. You know me." He's pushing me. I don't have an answer and he knows it.

"Mrs. Smith you just have to tell me how you make these cocktails" Darcy interrupts. I love that woman.

Shannon goes on and on about cocktails to a fake interested Dee. She's actually a goddess. I can see Ben shares similar opinions because he's practically drooling. I think Jaye's attention is back on me because I can feel his body heat radiating onto me. He places his arm around me and I countered by shuffling into him and placing my hand conveniently close to his inner thigh. I smirk because I can see red on his face. 

"Dinners is ready Mrs. Smith." The maid scuttles off straight away and my fake boyfriend pulls me away from his mother asking to give me a tour. His mum agrees and he leads me through the mansion.

"You weren't playing fair my love" he says in a sarcastic tone.

I roll my eyes and say "darling I think that drink has gone straight to your head because I haven't a clue what your on about."

"Mhmm" He says in response. "What's your last name?"

"Why? You wanna take my name when we marry? It's very modern and I'm honestly down." He gives me a look to say hes not kidding. "Danes." I say straight back.

He looks like he's thinking about my last name and I need to divert the attention away from the thought.

"Come on muffin I bet your mum is wondering where we got off to. Don't want her thinking we're doing something naughty." I hope playing the game is working to get the attention away from me.

"Come on" He says running his hand down my back and leads me back to the dining room. I look at the pictures in the hallway. I can see millions of academic achievements from both Ben and him.

"Ah we thought you got lost!" Ben said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Yeah Ben was telling me just how many bedrooms there are. Must be plenty of options." Darcy joins in the stupid interrogation. I smirk.

We all sit at the table and I heard the door slam shut.

"hello my love, boys. You two." 

"Dad" Ben says standing up.

"Dad?" I say thinking out loud. Everyone looks at me and Dee drinks to hide her smile.