Cruel

Evangeline's POV

He catches my hand and holds it against him for a moment before he snaps out of whatever trance he was in and leads me out of the apartment.
"Goodbye baby see you soon!" I call to Eugene as we leave.

It's moments like this that I know Jaye's going to break my heart. The worst part of all is that it's not even his fault. He's my fake boyfriend. Key word being fake. Although, his hand in mine is so ethereal. The feeling is one that my self perhaps a year ago would belittle. Now it consumes me. All I can think about is us right now. Him and I. Together. 

"If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?" I ask. Stupid fucking question Eve. You ruined the moment.

"What kind of question is that." Jaye responds. See even he thinks it.

"Come on where would you go?" I try to provoke an answer.

"Where would you go?" He asks.

"Deflection. But since you asked... I'd go where a certain blonde dreamed to go. I'd go see the lights or some stupid shit like that. I'm not even sure where that would be." I shrug.

"Cute." He says. I hit him on the arm. "What it's cute. You know most people would say something like Spain or Ibiza maybe even Hawaii."  I scoff at him.

"Well where would you go Mr Travel." I ask making our hands sway. You know I'm actually not sure where we are going. We're walking down the street and I won't complain. The less time spent with Jaye's family the better. Aside from Ben.

"I've never actually thought about it. I mean I travel but it's for work. Everything I do is work." He says.

"Boring." I laugh. He stops and takes my other hand. We stand like this for a moment before his phone rings. "You going to get that?" I ask smiling.

"No" he replies.

"I'll get it then." I say reaching into his jacket pocket. I answer the phone without checking like an idiot. "Hello Jaye's phone."

"Hello? Who is this?" Says the voice.

"Oh just his whor-" Jaye rips the phone out of my hand and gives me an evil look. I laugh unknowingly.

"Dad we will be there shortly. There's traffic. Total gridlock." I slap my hand over my mouth. He hangs up.

"Fuck. I'm sorry." I say and he erupts into laughter.

"I have individual ring tones for everyone." He then grabs my hand and we get into a taxi. It's that fucking laugh replaying in my head over and over again. Fuck think of something else. I watch people outside the window and put my hands in my lap to get away from him. I mean he probably won't even hold my hand because no one would be watchin- great. He takes my hand again scrolling on his phone with the other.

We pull up to the house and I immediately want to gauge out my eyes. He gets out and I watch.

"Get out." He says.

"No."

"The meter is running. Get out." He repeats.

"Please don't make me go. Your mother is heinous." I say pouting. This may seem melodramatic but you haven't met Mrs. Smith. 

"Now you know where I get it from. Come on." He says picking me up. 

"Put me down or I will find a very good lawyer somewhere and sue you." So he does exactly that. But what I fail to notice is that we are on the door step and the witch is staring right at me.

"Lovely evening isn't it Emily?" She asks me knowing that's not my name.

"Quite." I respond because I'm too drained to tear her head off.

We go into the living room and take a left. Jaye's stupid hand is on the small of my back. I brush it off. This is where they congregate. I see Dee sitting with her hands in her lap awkwardly. Ben has his arm around her whilst scrolling on his phone. Once Dee sees me she gives me a look that could only mean that she wants to leave.  

"Brother!" Ben says jumping up walking towards us. "You look lovely tonight" he says placing a kiss on my cheek.

"You scrubbed up well too." I reply smiling. I separate and go sit next to Dee.

"I will become your servant for life if you get me out of here!" She whispers.

"If I have to suffer you do too." I reply smugly.

"A beer Emily?" Mrs Smith asks. Darcy gives me a confused look and I roll my eyes.

"Since when did we have beer?" Ben asks.

"Since we had two people from the other side of the city. I thought it'd make them more comfortable." She smirked.

"I'll have one." Jaye said and grabbed one and passed one to me. He and Ben then whispered to each other and walked off. Mrs smith scuttled off shortly after.

"How was your afternoon?" Dee turns to me wiggling her eyebrows.

"Pleasant." I said sticking my pinky out as I sipped on my beer bottle. "Did you want a drink?" I ask. She quickly shakes her head. Fuck she's pregnant.

"Eve..." she said looking at her lap.

"You're fucking pregnant!" I exclaim. She slaps a hand over my mouth.

"Ben doesn't know."

"Oh my fucking God!" I reply.

"You're not mad?" She asks and I get confused.

"Mad?" I question.

"Well I know you've always found change hard. This means big things for us." She says tiering up.

"Dee. You could never do anything to hurt me. You've made your choices and I'm so happy your taking a new step." I reply comforting her.

"I don't want to loose you." She sobs.

"These pregnancy hormones really get to you don't they." I laugh.

"You don't even know the half of it." She says wiping her tears away. Ben comes back into the room and Dee leans in to whisper something to me. "I'm going to tell him now." She says and I squeeze her hand in confidence.

I begin to walk out and hear a squeal as Ben lifts her up and twirls her around. I sigh a happy sigh and go outside. I sit on a small stone wall and look up to the sky. I can't do this. I want what Darcy has. I want to think about making those steps and I can't. I sit there for a while more before I hear someone walking towards me.

"This is an eventful night isn't it." He says as his cologne fills my senses.

"Mhmm" I say pulling my legs into my chest.

"Uncle Jaye has a ring to it don't you think?" He says and I feel his body relax next to mine.

"It sure does." I try to sound engaged but a lot is on my mind. 

"Evangeline" Jaye says guiding my chin towards him so I look into those beautifully stupid eyes.

"Mmm?" I reply.

" I want you." 

"No Jaye don't" 

"Eve I'm being serious." My heart rate gets faster as tears form in my eyes.

"You're being cruel."

"Even if this was all just a spur of the moment don't you want to at least try?" He begs.

"I can't. When you realise you don't love me I won't be able to move on like you." I say and walk away from him. "I want to be yours. I want you. You just like the idea of me Jaye." I say and wrap my arms around myself.