Cool aunt

Evangeline's POV

"Oh yeah well thanks for keeping my girlfriend company. You know when work calls it can take over." Jaye says to Aidan 

"Girlfriend?" He says looking at me. I'm about to answer when Jaye interrupts.

"Hopefully something more before too long. You know how it is but yeah... girlfriend." I almost choke on air. 'Something more?'

"He hopes to be something more but I'm really looking for a man and Jaye can't offer me what I need" I say and I walk away. 

I see him standing there awkwardly as I walk away. He pats Aidan on the back and walks after me. I take a seat and loosen my heels. These are killing me. I check my phone to see if Darcy has gotten back to me. She has. I read something about being a bitch and a mood killer. Ooops. Was she with Ben? I was about to call her someone grabs my ankle. Jaye. 

He takes off my heel and starts massaging my foot. To be honest guys obsessed with feet freak my out but this was nice. He knew what I needed.

"I can offer you what you need." He says as the corners of his mouth are slightly upturned.

"This is a formal event put your shoes back on and compose yourself." I know that shrill voice from anywhere Mrs. Smith.

"This isn't a good time mum and since you're alone, again, I'd rather you make business associations on dads behalf." Jaye says with my foot still on his lap.

"I expected more from my first born son. Future CEO" she says pretending to be heart broken.

"Go talk to Ben." He says

"He's out with that girl. I've seen it everywhere. She's wearing a dress too short for her own good. She's asking for-"

"Don't finish that fucking sentence." I say standing up putting my other shoe in Jaye's hand.  she looks shell shocked by my sudden change in personality. No one talks about Darcy like that. Or even anyone in general. "We are leaving. Come on babe." I say trying to defuse the situation as everyone is now looking at us.

Mrs. Smith scoffs as I walk away bare footed. I'm sick of this evening and I'm sick of the Smiths for today. Jaye follows me to the car as I get in the drivers seat. He looks at me dumbfounded. I swiped his keys when he interrupted me and Aidan. I get in and start the car.

"You do know how to drive?" He asks me stupid questions a lot.

"No I don't even know what a car is." I look at him with a dead expression.

We start driving and his car has fucking seat warmers. I'm in heaven as we drive back to my apartment.

"Where are we going?" He asks me.

"Home." I say smiling to myself. I think he got the reference because he smiles to himself fiddling with the strap of my shoe.

I pull up to the building and walk up those stupid steps to our apartment. I just want to sit on the sofa and watch Gilmore girls. He is still following me and I think, he thinks he's staying the night. Fat chance of that happening. We get to the door and I realise he's holding my stuff. 

"Keys." I say holding my hand out towards him.

"What's the magic word?" He says smiling at me again.

"Oh I just loathe you sometimes."

"That's really sweet darling but I'm not giving the keys to you until you say the magic word." He says still smiling. I'd like to wipe it off his stupidly perfect face.

"Please." I say giving in.

He takes the keys out and unlocks it holding the door open for me to walk in. "You're welcome trouble." He's obviously looking at my ass and I don't mind it entirely.We get in and i flop down onto the sofa turning on the TV. It's warm so Darcy must've used it not too long ago. it's 1:00am. He passes me a glass of water. I was going to call her about when she was going to get home but Jaye grabs my waist and takes the glass out of my hand. I didn't even take a sip. He pulls me back onto the sofa so I sit on his lap. I turn on Gilmore girls and we watch it comfortable in each others space. Suddenly the door opens and hits the wall. Jaye jumps up and shoves me behind him. 

"Little help?" Dee! I know that blonde voice from anywhere.

Jaye and I walk to the door and find a shit faced Ben and a very tired Darcy clinging to Bens shirt. Jaye grabs Bens arm and pulls him into the apartment and dumps his drunk body onto the sofa. No more Gilmore girls

"I want my wife to be putting me to bed not- not my brother. Brother from another motherrr!" Ben says. Wife to be? I look at Darcy who has gone red.

"Wife to be?" Jaye and I say to her at the same time.

"Long story." She says trying to change the subject. She turns into her room and come back out with a blanket.

"We have time Darcy Danes." Jaye says

"Yeah what he said." I need to know what happened. 

I grab her hand and see a small ring on her finger. She pulls it away and puts the blanket over him.

"He asked me and I said fine. It's not that big of a deal and it's not like we are getting married tomorrow."

"Wait you're serious?" She's definitely serious about this. I ask her to make sure she knows she's serious.

"If he remembers and he's serious tomorrow then I don't see why it'd be such a big deal." She says 

"you're getting married!?" I say jumping up and down like a child.

Jaye walks up to her and gives her the most awkward hug. I laugh and he tries to defend himself saying he doesn't do that a lot.

"Maybe guys. He might not even remember what he did and if that's the case it goes back down to a drunken joke played on yours truly. Nothing serious." She says and walks into her room. Shutting the door and me and jaye look at each other smiling.

"I'm going to be such a cool aunt."

"Whoa who said anything about kids." Jaye asks.

"I just know at the rate those two are going anything is possible." 

"Well I'd be the cooler uncle anyway." We haven't been able to relax yet. 

"In your dreams buddy. Coolest aunt status can only be given to me." We both laugh and I walk over to my room and sit on the bed next to him. I could've stayed like this forever. Sat next to him with his arms around me. In this moment I felt so comfortable.