Hair ball

Evangeline's POV

Tonight with the tyrants that call my fake boyfriend their son is going to be so dull I'm tempted to gouge my eyes out with a spoon in preparation. I hope I'm just being dramatic. For the sake of my eyes.

"So are you ready for tonight? I've made arrangements so that the manager of this facility to cat sits Eugene." Jaye says scrolling through his phone. I walk over and take a seat across from him. He has like four sofas to pick from so I'm spoilt for choice.

"I just need to pick a dress." I say watching Eugene pick to sit next to Jaye over me. I blame it on the fact he hasn't seen him for a while. I'm trying very hard not to take it personally that little traitor.

"Don't wear anything from your wardrobe...Or Darcy's." He says looking up from his phone to add sass onto Dee's name. They've never exactly seen eye to eye but tolerate each other... to an extent.

"Well what exactly do you want me to wear? All though I'm sure turning up in the nude would traumatise your mother to the point her head might explode would make good entertainment I do still have some dignity." He scoffs in response.

"I'd like to see that." He mumbles. I don't think I was supposed to hear that... but I did. I conceal a laugh before I ask him again.

"What do you want me to wear then?" I repeat.

"Here." He hands me his card.

"Is it platinum?" I ask.

"Huh?"

"I don't know. They say it in the movies..."

"It's limitless I think." He says.

"Funky. Dee won't even let me use mine."

"Why?" He asks concerned.

"Because I may have gotten carried away in a new shop and racked up like 10 grand in debt." I say.

"Fucking hell"

"Mhmm I got so many angry emails from this lady names sally. I met her the other day for coffee because we became that close." I say.

"You live a strange life." He shakes his head at me.

"Are you sure you trust me with this?" I make sure before I go crazy in the aisles.

"Do your worst." He says making eye contact with me. I smirk in response and run out the apartment before he can change his mind. I text Dee to share my good fortune.

Me: he gave me his fucking credit card!!
Legally blonde: what?! I need some new red shoes... you know I love you right? xx
Me: 💀

I call a taxi and drive to the nearest shopping centre. Whilst in the car I get a text from Jaye.

Bossy pants 🩲: *one image attached*
I open the message:

Bossy pants 🩲: *one image attached* I open the message:

Me: give him a kiss from me.
Bossy pants 🩲: I don't want a hair ball in my mouth. Do it yourself when you get back.
Me: 🙄

We arrive and I go into shops that go from selling Prada and Gucci to second hand clothing. After a few shops two men approached me saying Jaye sent them to carry my bags. Fucking hell this man has more money then he knows what to do with. I make conversation with them and honestly they aren't bad company. Larry, the taller one, was a great help when picking between dresses but it was Tom that knew shoes. Larry has a family of 4 and Tom was single and at university. Once finished they help me into the cab and pack away my bags. I kiss each of them on the cheek before I depart. "Thank you boys." I say gratefully. They both nod in response and I look on my phone realising I have an hour to get back, get ready and get to the parents house. I decide to just go back to Jayes apartment because it's closer.

Once we arrive I manage all the bags upstairs and knock on the door. My arms are becoming numb so I kick the door lightly. That gets him to open it. I run in and dump the bags onto the sofa.
"I now understand Darcy's logic..." he says putting his hands on his hips.

"Mhmmm" I hand him back his card before lying down on the floor on my back. I notice him rummaging through the many bags.

"All warn out?" He asks.

"Yep" I say sleepily.

"Good. it worked then." Huh?

"What do you mean?" I say propping myself onto my elbows to look at him.

"Darcy said shopping makes you tired and if you're tired then you can't Succumb to my mothers tactic to aggravate you." He says innocently.

"You guys worked together to trick me with my second favourite thing. Wow..." I say.

I stand back up and walk to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water.
"Can I tempt you to let us stay." I say batting my eyelashes.

"What do you have in mind?" He smirks walking over to me. We're inches apart.

"I mean, I didn't realise I'd have to sell myself but desperate times call for desperate measures." I say presenting myself to him. He laughs and honestly my heart glows in response. Yes I've heard him laugh before because I'm basically a comedian but it's rare when he laughs like this. It's a deep laugh and is how you'd imagine an angel laughs. Or some corny shit like that. His laugh makes me feel warm and content although I'd never tell him because he'd stop laughing all together. Wanker.
"Get ready." He says. "We leave in an hour"

"Then we'd be late." I respond.

"You aren't helping yourself." He says picking up Eugene despite being in a fancy black suit.

"Shit yeah. Don't change your mind! Please!" I run off. I realise I hadn't said hello to my baby and spin around to kiss Eugene on the head and ran into a room. It was Jayes.

His bed was fucking massive. I was tempted to jump on it and lie down but I don't know who's been in here and where those girls have been. I opt to just get ready. I pick the long black dress with a slit that rides up to my thigh. I pair it with the massively overpriced shoes Tom picked which were just black stilettos with a red soul. I brush down my dress and put a lint roller in my bag.
"Ready my love!" I shout. I think I got bored at being mad. I mean the agreement was fake dating. The key word being fake. He doesn't owe me anything and doesn't have to actually mind my feelings. He emerges from the living room with cat fur over his jacket. I laugh and take out the lint roller I bought earlier from my bag. I start to roll over the fur and it removes it. "Good as new" I say patting his chest. He catches my hand and holds it against him for a moment before he snaps out of whatever trance he was in and leads me out of the apartment.
"Goodbye baby see you soon!" I call to Eugene as we leave.