A drunken kiss

Darcy's POV

"Fine but I'm not paying a penny."

"Consider it an early Christmas present." Ben smirks

"It's October" I say bluntly.

"Halloween?"

I laugh and tell him I'm getting changed. I'm a sucker for a good night out and Eve can't have all the fun.

I get changed into my favourite short silk red dress. I grab my red velvet shoes with a black soul which I got myself as a happy Friday present. I got so desperate after seeing this leggy brunette wearing them at the cafe Eve and I work at so I dug into my nest egg and bought them. Nicest thing I've ever bought.

I come out of my room and see Ben sitting there scrolling on his phone. This is probably quite creepy but I look at the way the screen lights up his face. He looks euphoric and has no right to shine like that. I almost ask for his skin care routine. He looks so relaxed on the sofa and I don't want to ruin his comfort. The way the corners of his mouth are naturally turned up and his eyes are large but not disproportionate. He has high cheekbones and it's as if his jaw bone was carved by the Gods. Stop.

"You ready?" I ask fiddling with a small ring on my index finger.

"You look so beautif- gorgeous. I mean- yeah ummm we can go now." He puts his hand to the back of his neck and opens the door. 

"Okay." I say complimented.

"Okay." He says copping me.

I lock the door behind me and he grabs my hand. His fingers interlock with mine and I almost faint. I've been with many guys and not to brag or anything but after they have all come back but Ben is different... he's the type of guy I'd go back to. I wonder where we are going but it's hard to think of anything other than his hand in mine. Through my extensive research he's always seen with women after the club but never before. I wonder if this is a good sign or if, like me, he's a man eater... or a woman eater. I'm too nervous to even think right now.

"My car is right there." He says pointing to the red sports car in front of me. I'm awful with cars and even had a guy trying to explain it to me whilst I was on top of him. I still didn't get it. It's a very pretty car and after all red is my favourite colour.

He opens the door for me and I sit down. I look around to see if I can find any hair bands or Bobby pins. First reassurance. I sit up straight as he gets in the car. He smiles at me and puts his hand on my upper thigh. Breathe. I don't want him to have all the fun so I place my hand on top of his and pull it up just a bit higher.

"Can I connect my phone to the speaker." I ask unsure of even how to attempt it.

"I umm- just use mine." He says grabbing his phone and handing it to me unlocked. Second reassurance he has nothing to hide... or he has a second phone. However, I'm on this one so that must be a good sign.

I take a picture of us in the car and then scroll through Spotify. He has premium. Shit that's how you know you've made it. I play the Mamma Mia soundtrack and earn a distasteful look. He snatches the phone out of my hands and plays 'because I got high'. I love this song and we scream it on the way to the club.

We pull up after driving through the rich part of the city and I look at the club outside of the window. It has a red carpet. He opens the door for me and offers his hand. I take it and he doesn't let go. He walks ahead and leads me towards the bouncer. Usually it goes either way. I get let in because my lie worked or I get turned away because they can see through me. He whispers something to the bouncer and he straightens up to let us in. Shit who is he. Ben mother fucking Smith. Smas-