A measly million

Jaye's POV 

"I believe the two minutes is up. Goodbye boys I'm exhausted." Darcy says in those over washed jeans that I've seen Eve wear on multiple occasions although this top is a new one. I give it a few weeks before I see Eve in it.

She pushed us out, much to Ben's discretion. The door is slammed in my face and I smile to myself because of this whole situation.

"What are you smiling at? My fiancé just kicked me out." He says sitting against the door. He acts as if he had no influence in the matter. 

"Well they are not mad at me. What have I done?" I ask genuinely curious when looking at his reaction.

"If Darcy is mad at me then she's mad at you because you were with me. If you think Eve isn't mad at you then you clearly don't know them very well." He says staring at me.

"I know her perfectly well. Look I'll call her." I say dialling her number.

Ringgg, Ringgg, Ringgg.

"Hiya you've reached Evangeline. I haven't answered you for one of two reasons, either I wasn't home or I don't like you right now. I'll leave that to dwell with you. Bye bye." 

"Well then I believe you are right brother. Although, she's only mad at me for being associated with you at this point in time. So thanks for that." I say

"Yeah sure." He says laughing. There's nothing funny about this. He's the one who made her mad at me. "If you're so confident then why not place a little wager...?"

"What do you have in then mind Ben?" 

"Well Jaye... the first one to make either girl forgive them, preferably not my fiancé, wins." 

"Wins what exactly?" I ask curiously.

"A measly million?" He says raising and eyebrow.

"You have a deal brother. Oh to see the look on your face when you loose." I say trying to get inside of his head. I truly have no idea what I'm going to do.

"I already have a plan bro. What have you got in mind?" Ben says.

"Plenty of things." I say over my shoulder. As I turn back to flip him off I see him typing away on his phone. Shit. He really does have a plan.

I walk away after he is still tapping away on his moronic phone. What could I do that would make  Eve forgive me? I think back to our conversations in the car traveling to events. She's insistent on talking all the time. I remember this conversation when she was belittling me for being a dog person. Actually I hate dogs as well I just thought it might've been her choice of pet. There, I'll get her a cat. Useless creatures that do nothing and I'm not even entirely convinced that they even love their owners. I grab my phone and look through a site that sells kittens, I scroll to pedigree ones and call the seller. We talk and agree on a price. 

I put my key into the ignition and drive to the address. If the cat I buy doesn't act the way she wants then I loose the bet. You can't train cats so this could be harder then my plan needs it to be. I arrive at the sellers home and knock on the door.

"Hello my love the cats are right this way." She says and walk into her home. I was left dumbfounded by her trust in a stranger whom she doesn't know. I enter and close the door gently behind me. I wipe my feet at the matt and put my hand in my pockets. I can already tell that my allergy's will flare up. "The kittens are all vaccinated and treated for worms and fleas. They are also microchipped and 8 weeks old." She says blowing her nose into a handkerchief and putting it back into her pocket. "You're the first person to respond so take your pick of the litter." She says pointing at the kittens crawling around like vermin.