Mood killer

Darcy's POV

"Okay remind me again why you are still doing this set up?" I ask knowing she is still doing it because she likes him or genuinely wants to get revenge on him but I can't blame her because he is pretty hot. I'm watching Jerry Maguire so my attention is split between two people I love. Tom Cruise and Eve.

"Revenge is best served cold hunny." She says putting on her shoes and assessing herself in that stupid mirror I was supposed to throw away but forgot. I shove more popcorn into my mouth. I love this film.

"You look just darling" I say reassuring her in a fake southern accent. I take inspiration from Charlotte La Bouff from princess and the frog. She's who I aspire to be in life. She straightens out her dress and her phone goes off. Even I know who it is but she checks it.

"Give Tom Cruise my love. Bye!" She waves me off.

"Bye sugar" I wave back.

I put all my focus back on Tom Cruise and watch the rest of the movie. I love going out so I was offended when Eve didn't invite me. I know it's Jaye who organised it but still. The film ends and I'm bored out of my mind. I think about texting Ben but decide against it. We have been hanging out for about as long as Eve and Jaye have been dating. Or fake dating. Its purely friendly, I think, but it's almost like it's very comfortable between us. I steal Eve's stereo that I bought her years ago. It's old but it works. I plug in my phone and listen to 'the real slim shady' as I make a pot noodle for myself.

The microwave finishes heating up my pot noodle and like clockwork Ben messages me.

'Benny💪': I'm bored can I come to your place after work?

I'm a sucker at saying no to people when I enjoy being in their company. I hate most people so I can't do this often.

'Me': sure sounds good. Don't come empty handed though.

I do hope he brings me snacks then I can do two of my favourite things. Eat junk and watch films. Sounds like the dream.

He arrives after I finish watching 'just go with it' and I let him in after he does his special knock. Two quick two slow. Hes standing there in a blue suit with a white undershirt and shows those pearly white teeth shown when he smiles. He knows he's good looking but he's almost too subtle with it.

"Hey Dee" he said kissing me on the cheek.

"Hey benny, did you get snacks or will I have to turn you away?"  I questioned him, quite serious.

"Oh you know... only your favourite." He says showing me crispy Eminem's, giant strawberries and two bags of popcorn. He knows how to treat a lady and he remembers all the little things about me. It's early-ish in the evening around 10:00pm and I'm sure Eve will be gone till morning. I smile and grabs the bags of snacks. He follows me into the kitchen as i garb bowls for the food. He pours in some of it and it do the other half. "Hold on" he says leaving the apartment.

I begin to wonder what he's doing as I set the food on the coffee table. It's heavy oak and it's one of the nicest road-side finds me and Eve have made. He comes back into the apartment holding a bottle of champagne. I don't generally like champagne I only drink it to feel expensive at snobby events. I smile anyway because I don't want to hurt his feelings. We don't own any glasses so I grab a few mugs. 

"What are we watching tonight?" He says.

"You can choose but be warned I shall judge your choice. 'Mamma Mia' or 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith'. " I said staring into his soul.

"Since my legal last name is Smith I think I'll go with the latter." He's explained to me roughly about how he's a part of the Smith family but my curiosity is a massive pull. I want to know more but I don't want to pry open old wounds.

"Okay..." I love both films to be honest. I want him to sweat though.

"Is that the good choice? Is that the wrong one? You have to help me out here Darcy-"

"I don't know Mr. Smith." I say hitting the side of the TV to make it work.

"You know I'd get you a new TV so you don't have to keep hitting that one to make it work." Whoa-

"Absolutely not! Are you mad? This TV has history and so many memories. I could never part with it." I say slightly offended.

He puts his arm on the top part of the sofa and nods his head towards a space next to him. I grab the popcorn and sit down. The movie starts playing and I shove some into my mouth. He tries to grab some too but I slap his hand away. "Get your own" I say rolling my eyes. I pass him my bowl and grab the full one. It's the little things. I smirk and he notices. 

"I don't think you're playing fair" he says smirking and he tries to grab a handful. 

I Yelp jumping up and running off the sofa. He gets up and is on the other side of the coffee table. I laugh as he chases after me. I'm on the one side as he's on the other. Suddenly he jumps up on the table and tackles me to the ground. The popcorn goes everywhere and we are both on the floor. He made me land onto him so he took the brunt of the fall. Both of us are in a fit of laughter tangled up with one another.

"You should've just shared." He said smiling at me. He's holding eye contact and it's getting me all flustered.

"You don't know me very well benny boo" I say holding the eye contact moving myself closer to him.

My phone goes off on the table which makes me jump. I clear my throat and get up to see who it is. I'm supposed to get a message from my mother.

'Carrot tops 🥕': goodnight Dee

Mood killer.

'Me': you bitch. Goodnight.

I'll explain it to her whenever she returns. I look up at my phone and see Ben cleaning up the popcorn. I grab the hoover and take over. He sips on his mug and continues to stare at me. 

"I hate being stuck inside. Probably why Jaye is more suited to being CEO. Let's go out and have some fun" he says taking a seat. 

"I don't know Ben it's late and-" he cuts me off as I continue to hoover.

"Don't brake my heart Dee have some fun with a poor guy after he's been at work all day just wishing for something to entertain his dull life." I scoff.

"You make your life sound so hard." I'd love to be in his situation.

"Oh you have no idea. So make a mans wishes come true tonight." He reminds me of Naveen a bit when he says that and my heart flutters a bit. 

"Fine but I'm not paying a penny." 

"Consider it an early Christmas present." 

"It's October" I say bluntly.

"Halloween?" 

I laugh and tell him I'm getting changed. I'm a sucker for a good night out and Eve can't have all the fun.