Our next big hit

Evangeline's POV

"EVEEEEEE"

I screamed jolting awake "Darcy what the fuck is wrong with you?" she sat down on my bed and got under the covers with me only so I could kick her out. "you are the worst person ever!"

"that's why you love me Eve" she flashed me that sarcastic smile.

"yeah whatever" I rolled my eyes and walked, half asleep, towards the fridge for left over pizza.

"You disgust me! pizza in the morning?!" she walked over to the sofa in front of the TV with her smoothie and porridge with bananas. Pizza cold and in the morning just hits different.

Darcy is my rock. she's the only person I can tolerate without wanting to gauge my eyes out with a fork. She's my right hand woman and partner in crime... literally. We don't do anything big like bank robbing or whatever, we consider ourselves the Robin Hoods of our generation. we steal from the rich to pay our bills. She is a small woman reaching around 5'3 with golden blonde hair and skin that shines to the Gods. Her favorite color is red so she often takes Rubies and what not. I would do anything for her and I'm sure she'd so anything for me. we moved out together at 16. Both of our parents were not the best but they did what they had to do until they thought we could survive on our own. she's my cousin and best friend in the world.

"whoa look at hot stuff over here" I wandered over to the sofa she was on to look at the news talking about a gala held in a weeks time that this old snobby woman called 'a little get together'. 

"I wish I had that kind of money to hold little get togethers" she rolled her eyes and we both laughed at the woman who couldn't even lift her eyebrows.

The presenter then panned the camera to these two men standing awkwardly behind Mother Gothel. she was a truly gorgeous woman but I couldn't take her seriously.

"I call dibs on that one!" Darcy pointed her finger at the man in a blue suit. I couldn't argue that blue suit did wonders for his completion. really brings out his eyes. she kissed the screen and the sat herself back next to me.

I couldn't take my eyes off of the slightly taller brunette man. He had green eyes and wore a black suit. he kind of gave off mafia man vibes. 

"Fine then mafia man is mine" I scolded Darcy and we then changed it over to watch Gilmore girls. It is genuinely our favorite show and we have watched it about 500 times.

"you know this could be our next big hit. think about it. A charity gala with hundreds of men and women only there to make it seem as if they are there for charity when the real reason is they want to be paired up with the next millionaire." I love Darcy but this idea is stupid.

"No" I said washing up my plate.

"come onnnnn I have never been to a gala and we still have a little money from that girls bag we took. I bet she has been to a hundred of these things."

"fine but if we get caught I'm telling the police you did it. you forced me to come and threatened me. You think this face would survive in prison?! I dont think so" she threw a pillow at me and wandered off probably browsing through shops to take us to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the next morning

"get your nasty ass out of bed Evangeline" she pulls off my covers and I want to cry. I despise mornings and she loves them. if it wasn't for her black belt in Karate I would have whooped her ass a long time ago.

"Five more minutes please! I will love you forever!!" I begged the small gremlin in front of my bed looking perfect at six in the morning. she has no right to look that good.

" No this was the only booking they had on such small notice so hurry up! You have 10 minutes before you're going in your PJs." she walked out of my room blasting the 'Mamma Mia sound track.' I can tell she's genuinely excited for today so I wont ruin it for her.

I got ready wearing an oversized hoodie and flared jeans that fit so well.There're my favourite jeans ever. I walked out of my rooms grabbing my small black bag the Darcy got me a few years ago. I came out into the living room watching her dance on the coffee table to dancing queen. I chucked my bag onto the sofa and joined her. I can only wonder how we haven't gotten a noise complaint yet.

After the song I chucked her my keys because I dont like driving and we left listening to her playlist. I looked inside of the bag from the girl we took it from to find out her name was 'Becky Waltz'. she honestly deserved it. she pored milk down Darcy's favourite top at work and acted like it was an accident when in reality she had been a bitch from the beginning after ordering 3 different things off of the menu and saying Darcy got it wrong. I hate our job but it partly pays the bills. today was Saturday so we didn't have to work.

Looking out of the window I could tell this was the richer side of town. "thank you Becky we really appreciate this" Darcy smirked at her own joke. 

We pulled into the drive way of this fancy boutique and stood in awe at the sheer amount of dresses there were. We entered the shop and the bell rang with this small little lady welcoming us.

"hello!" she was a loud little lady with black overalls and red shoes. "welcome to my shop! go round and just try on any dress"

"Thank you!" we said in unison. I knew what kind of dress Darcy was after. red obviously. but in the car Dee said I should get some kind of green because it would look good with my hair. that was after she called me carrot tops.

she grabbed me all kinds of green dresses whilst I followed her like a lost puppy. Dont get me wrong I love shopping but I cannot dress myself to save my life. The pile was getting larger until she dropped all of the dresses and walked over to one. She grabbed it down and held it up to me. I was trying to pick up all the dresses her dramatic ass dropped because I didn't want to seem disrespectful.

"this is the one you dont even need to try on any others. my Spidey-senses are tingling." I laughed as she basically pushed me into the changing room. The little lady grabbed the dresses from my arms and flashed me a massive smile. it was an emerald green dress with lace that looked like leaves. it even had pockets! it hugged my figure and was this almost silky material. I loved it and looking in the mirror I knew what Dee was saying was right. 

I walked out towards her and I'm pretty sure she let out a squeal."you look beautiful. drop dead gorgeous. jaw dropping-"

"I get it" I laughed. she gave me the heels she found whilst I was getting dressed and they were so beautiful. I generally dont like wearing heels because I'm 5'9 but I look good in them so Dee always sneaks them into my outfits.

"okay! okay! my turn!!!" she runs into the changing room before I could see the dress she picked out. whatever it is I bet its gorgeous. she's always been the type of girl everyone thinks is beautiful and for all the right reasons. I think she was made in a lab.

she walked out in a beautiful red dress. it hugged her hour glass figure at the top and had a little poof as I call it. it was a corset style at the top with flower lace running down the fabric. she looked stunning. 

"DEE! omg you will outshine all of the snobby women there. you look amazing!" she laughed and we both changed out of the dresses and payed for them. Thanks Becky!