I'm actually allergic

Evangeline's POV

"Wait, wait, wait remind me of their names again." He says with a confused look on his face.

"Shhhh they'll be offended. Bobby, Sam, Greg and Anthony." I said pointing to no particular dog.

"Do you know which is which." He said raising his eyebrow at me. The audacity.

"Uh yeah obviously."

"Righttt." He doesn't believe me. I might be lying but he should definitely believe me.

"So do you like dogs?" I asked.

"I'm actually allergic"

"Are you dumb?"

"Pardon?" 

"Why did you come with me. I warned you. I don't want to be linked to your death." I think I'm panicking a bit.

"Calm down there's plenty of ventilation. We are outside." 

"Whatever if you collapse? I'm just going to leave you. It would be so embarrassing for you. It's your own stupidity." One of the dogs squatted and that only means one thing. He looks at me as if to say 'it's your responsibility'. And who says romance is dead? "Here hold my bag and grab a poop bag." He rummages through my bag pulling out a box. SHIT.

"What's this?" He says opening the box. Think fast. Think fast.

"Drugs" I am stupid.

"I mean it looks a lot like a necklace and there are about 7 in here as well as a watch..." there is 6 and a watch but whatever.

"Okay you can see, now put them down."

"This wouldn't have anything to do with the missing necklaces at my mum's gala would it?" Shit, shit, shit.

"I don't like being interrogated for a crime I didn't commit!" I snatched my bag out of his hands and started walking back putting the necklace he took out in my pocket. "I mean even if it was related. Which it's not. What would you do? Turn me in? With what evidence?" Now I was panicking. If I hadn't been so stupid then I wouldn't have been suspected. If he does turn me in he might bring Darcy into it and she'd take all the blame.

"You're  looking quite pale for someone who's innocent."

"Nope you're just a dick!" Why isn't he just leaving me alone?!

"Wait! I'll make a deal with you! I need someone to act as my girlfriend to get my mum off my back so I can focus on work so if you just pretend I won't turn you in. Even though you're clearly 'innocent'." Bull shit.

"What am I to you? I'm not something you can parade around town, presenting me to your mum and using me to your advantage. That's not how you treat people." 

"Fine. I'll return the missing jewellery with a suspect to my mum" he dangles a ruby necklace in front of me. How did he..."I'm good with my hands." He's smirking... oh- No!

"If I agree to this you won't turn me in?"

"Scouts honour" he says with his hand on his heart. 

"I dislike you very much! I hope can't sleep tonight with a guilty conscience" I say practically running to take the dogs back.

"Nothing a sleeping pill can't fix" she shouts back. Not dislike. Hate. He's cocky, arrogant and a total walking jerk.

I drop off the dogs giving them each a treat. I can't even think right now. My mind is running a million miles an hour and I've just agreed to something I absolutely under no circumstances want to do. I decide to text Dee saying I won't be coming back to work. The manager is obvious so it won't be a problem.

Me: 'hey Dee, I'm feeling really unwell can you cover for me?'

Dee 👩🏼💅🏻: 'No problem hun. I'll be back home at 5:30 ish and we can watch a movie if u want. x'

Me: 'that would be great! Love ya!'

I walk to Robs to sell the cursed jewellery. I hand in the stuff and we get more than 3 months rent for it. Thank you Mrs. Smiths gala. I shove on my headphones and start walking home. I like taking in the sights and smells of the city. It's calming. My head is rushing around but if he wants me to be the decoy girlfriend I'll be the worst decoy girlfriend ever. 

I get in, chuck my coat on the rack and plop down onto the sofa turning on 'The pursuit of happiness'. I'm not really sure what happened next but I wake up at 6:00pm with covers on me. Dee. I really don't want to get up so I don't. I check my phone and the devil himself has texted me for no reason. 

Devil spawn 👹: 'meet the parents tomorrow. Mum is so very happy. You can bring a plus one. No men.'

Me: 🖕🏻

If I'm bringing someone I'm bringing Dee anyway. I'm sure he'll catch me up on the particulars but I really don't want to do this. I hate judgemental people and Shannon definitely seems like one. I need to tell Dee but she will question something. I need to tell her because I can't do this without her. But I need details. I end up ringing him and keeping the conversation to a minimum. The dinner is at 8:00 sharp but the have drinks before so be there at 7:30. Wear a black dress, not too short, and make sure I look presentable. I'm doing none of the above. I'm wearing a short red dress (belonging to Dee) wearing my hair down and we are arriving at 8:02. Those extra two minutes will make him sweat. 

I knock on Dee's pink door. "Hey I need to talk to you" 

"Come in Merida" very funny I feel like saying but I don't want to say anything. That's the problem.

"Listen I would like to play the rule of non-speaking" she zips her lips and sits there waiting. She even pauses her music letting silence fill the room.

"Jaye found the necklaces. Promised to fake date him. Dinner tomorrow. 8:02 pm. Meet the parents." She looks confused and asked if she can speak in sign language. We learnt it when we couldn't talk to each other in person at family events.

"Yeah..." I sigh.

"I'm totally down"

"What?! No questioning? You don't want to know more?"

"Nah"

"You're dying to know... huh?"

"Yeah"

I explain the whole event and she looks as if she's going to burst out laughing. 

"Okay.. okay.. so you're going to fake date millionaire who's an heir to a multi-billion pound company and you're worried I was going to be mad? Girl make his pockets hurt." She makes it sound so easy. I don't like being in his company. He ridiculed me but I have always been one for the dramatics. 

"Can I borrow your red dress?" 

"If I can borrow those darling black shoes you know basically belong to me at this point." 

"Deal!"

What would I do without her?