He's easy on the eyes

Evangeline's POV

"What the actual fuck?!" Dee was looking at this gorgeous platinum blonde who was literally being carried into the party. "who does that? Who hires people to carry you into a party?" She starts laughing and I was becoming more and more nervous.

"I dont know?" I said feeling as if suddenly this whole idea was becoming stupid really fast.

"Look at me, my beautiful carrot. You look amazing way better than these people here and I've seen some awfully expensive watches here that'll look great in my bank account." I smiled and apparently that was a go ahead from me. she dragged me up the stairs giving flirtatious eyes to a few of the guys here. They all looked at her with wishful thinking. As if.

Dee flashes that gorgeous smile at the door men claiming she lost her invitation in the post and they let us in no complaints. It was almost too easy... we walked in the ball room arm in arm, perhaps I was clinging a bit too hard because she said something but I couldn't quite figure it out. I mean I'm not a shy person but I like blending in and this room had no places to just go and hide. there were balconies and stairs with red carpets and men and women running around with food on silver platters. Dee grabbed us some champagne to calm my nerves and we set out making rounds and picking our targets. Dee swipes a necklace off of a woman shouting at a man for not having the champagne cold enough and slips it into her convenient pockets.

"I just love pockets on dresses" Dee says laughing. she is a light weight. always has been.

Suddenly the music stops and three people appear coming up the stairs into the event. Dee moves us closer so we can get a better look. It was the people from the TV: Shannon Smith and the boys that were behind her. She mentioned hoping her husband was there but I suppose he couldn't make it.

"remember who I had dibs on Eve" I laughed at her statement a little too loudly earning a few stares.

"I know! I have the mafia man" I said in a hushed tone. to be honest he would have been my first pick anyway.

"damn he's easy on the eyes right?!" she wasn't wrong.

After they entered the room Mrs. Smith started making her rounds picking up charming young ladies and introducing them to her sons. Whilst they were in awe of the men Dee and I made a few more steals and walked aimlessly to the bar. We had at least 4 diamond necklaces and a Rolex.

"Not bad my friend, not bad" I said to her wiggling my eyebrows.

"I want to meet those boys. I've made eye contact twice with blue" Dee has already done extensive research on these men and still uses the made up names. Jaye and Ben/Bentley. I cant lie it has been what we have been talking about for the lead up to this event and I would be lying if I said that curiosity hasn't gotten the better of me. We had more than enough to see us through for a few months and Dee just wants to have some fun. This is her night.

"I know you already have a plan so go ahead." Dee told me her carefully thought out plan and we were off.

We both started laughing quite loudly as we passed the group of googly eyed girls surrounding the boys and we started to talk to the men who accompanied most of them. We noticed a few eyes on us but we were not quite close enough so we headed for the second floor. plan B.

"ahhhhh Mrs. Smith" Dee exclaimed interrupting a conversation Mother Gothel was having. "how are you? Father said I just have to see how you are doing isn't that right Eve" Shannon's eyes went wide trying to remember girls she has never seen or met before.

"mhmmm he said the last get together was just darling, Darcy" I nodded.

"Oh of course Eve and Darcy! Its been so long! You girls have grown. Now, you must meet my boys." She grabbed us both by the arm and lead us downstairs. Phase one complete and Dee gave me a knowing look. "Jaye, Ben this is Darcy and Eve. you remember them!" she gave them a look that could only mean' just go along with it'.

"But of course.Hello again Eve. It has been a while Darcy" Ben takes Dee's hand and places a kiss on it. She whispers something in his ear and he excused them and they headed for the bar. The women around Jaye were all beautiful. 

"Jaye come and say hello to Eve" I looked him up and down as this figure over shadowed me. It was attractive for someone who is often taller than guys in heels.

"Hi" his voice was low and distant. It seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but here. That was how I was going to get him away. Dee knew Ben was a sucker for a good drink with a pretty girl so she used it to her advantage and this was my drink.

"you will have to excuse me. I find these events rather... hard hitting. I think I will go for some fresh air" I looked him up and down again "It was a pleasure Mr. Smith." I smiled and walked towards the doors leading out into the garden. This was all a bit too fun. I heard him excuse himself from the group. check mate mafia man.

when I reached the garden the cold air was refreshing and I went to look for my favorite flowers. Daises. The big kind. I found them and picked one, as soon as I did Jaye cleared his throat I gave my best 'you shocked me' impression.

"You startled me mafia man" shit- I just used our code name in real life. but I do deserve an Oscar because i looked pretty shocked.

"pardon?" he said lifting his head to the side.

"I said that you gave me a fright Mr. Smith" smooth.

"My mother would have your head if she caught you picking flowers" he said. I do genuinely love flowers I used to force Dee to come and pick them with me outside of my house. I placed the daisy into my bag.

"I think she will have your head if she finds you out here and not meeting those delightful girls" I smirked.

"If. If she finds me. so tell me why I dont remember you." he says trying to picture me in any event.

"I'm not sure. you would think with a head as large as yours you'd be the font of all knowledge." he scoffs as my insult.

"if my head is so large it must mean all of my other features are big as well"

"or your body is trying to compensate for something" its the champagne talking at this point. I couldn't keep myself from laughing and I'm pretty sure he started too.

CRASSSHHHHH. Me and Jaye turned around and headed back into the room only to see Ben and Dee had thrown a platter into a window. she is drunk 100%. I turned to Jaye and he was fighting a smile coming onto his face. We gave each other a sorry glance and went to collect our people.

"Shannon is going to k-kill me" Ben said laughing to himself. Dee cackled and I think that was our cue to leave.

I had Dee's arms wrapped around me struggling to move when Jaye scooped her up and called for a taxi to collect us.

"sorry about my brother"

"sorry about my cousin" We both smiled at our stupid relatives and he grabbed my phone and put his number into it. then he left. he left! what kind of stupid- he put his contact name as 'mafia man' and I couldn't fight this smile growing. 

I got inside of the taxi, buckled Dee in and told the Taxi driver where we lived.