Keep you company

Evangeline's POV 

Okay, so its officially been two weeks since my best friend has been engaged. It's crazy to think if you told us a month ago I wouldn't of believed you. Me fake dating one of the richest men in the city and Darcy engaged to the other? Fat chance! I would've told you to fuck off and leave me alone. Talking to Jaye about Bens past relationships puts me on edge rather than reassured me. He was a full on player riddled with commitment issues. When he met Darcy it was almost as if he knew she was the one. She'd been in relationships but was always fucked over by some dickhead. I have yet to remove their dicks. I love her and value her opinions but I'm cautious because it hasn't exactly been long. Just me? I'll support her in whatever she decides to do.

"Hey honey have you seen my charger?" Dee asked in low rise jeans and a green top with butterflies in a washed out purple.

"Ben." I say. I know it wasn't me but he was here with a dead phone and left having a phone call.

"That mother fucker." She says storming out of the room as i laugh at her.

Ben is one of those people who will do whatever it takes to make those around him happy and content. He's a genuine guy who's hilarious and he's one of the most important people to my best friend and boyfriend. FAKE BOYFRIEND. Fake. I've become perhaps a little too comfortable.

'Ball and chain⛓': hey going to have to cancel the boat date Ben and I have to work a little later than we expected.

'Me': oh okay have fun nerd.

Shit that was so cringe and he's read it so I cant delete it... fuck.

"Darcy!!!" I shout from my room. She doesn't answer so I come out and find her making pasta. "Oi"

"Yeah?" She says taking out her headphones.

"Ben and Jaye cancelled tonight... something about working late." I say walking out of the kitchen area to sit on the sofa.

"Did you just get a message from Jaye?" She asks in a curious tone.

"Yeah... why?" 

"What time?" She asks. This is getting weird.

"7:32" I say after checking the exact time.

"They must've written and sent it together. Don't you think that's a little weird?"

"No?" I say still confused at her thought process.

She grabs her phone and bowl of pasta and walks over next to me sitting down. She dials a number and puts the phone next to her ear. I'm about to question it when a she starts speaking.

"Hiya Rachel so lovely to hear from you again... yeah have you heard from him?...Really?... Oh it must've slipped my mind... hahaha yeah... great to hear from you again... bye darling." She hung up the phone obviously annoyed. "They're at a work outing with the office which is business talk for strip club or golfing."

"Those mother fuckers" I call Jaye but it goes to voicemail. "Definitely a strip club" 

"I wouldn't have minded if Ben had told me. That just makes me think he's doing something shady." She said placing her pasta on the coffee table and beings pacing up and down the small room.

"Men." I say smiling to myself.

"I'm going to call him! It wouldn't make me seem like the clingy fiancé right?"

"Nah call his ass. Jaye won't answer me." I say slightly annoyed at the fact he still isn't answering.

"Okay... okay" she says ringing him. She suddenly stops which only means that he answers. She places the phone on the coffee table and puts it on speaker.

"Hello? Dee are you there?" Ben asks. I can hear no sign of loud music or people. Maybe we were wrong.

"Hey Ben I heard you had to work late. Poor baby. I'm here with Eve and we wanted to keep you company for a few minutes." She says smiling to me. 

"Oh uh thanks but I cant stay long you know how work is." He says. Guilty.

"Really? The CEOs son can't take a break?" I say. Dee covers her mouth to stifle a laugh.

"Yeah... true. I can stay for a bit." He says

"Eve was wondering if you could put Jaye on because when she tried to call him it went to voicemail so if you could be a dear and help out that would be appreciated." She says and I almost laugh too loudly.

"I- I can't" he says

"And why is that babe" Dee says.

"Listen Dee i can explain."

"I fucking knew it." She says and hung up.

We were right and although I had no right to be angry at Jaye for lying to me because we aren't even together but what got to me was he went to the extent of messaging me, when he didn't have to, to lie to me. It's weird that I feel upset that he would do something like that. I get we had plans but just say you cant come don't bloody lie.

"I can't believe them. I genuinely don't care about them going to strip clubs. I was excited for tonight going on the boat. This has really gotten to me." Dee says. I feel for her I'm sad and I'm not even engaged.

"Wanna watch Gilmore girls?" I say patting the seat next to me.

"Yeah." She says in a defeated tone. 

We are sitting watching Logan be his hot self when my phone lights up. I turn it face down and on do not disturb. Suddenly Dee's goes off too and she does the exact time.

"We have another parents dinner you know." She says looking sad again.

"I know and I already would rather eat glass. Although you'll get the brunt of it because your about to join the family."

"By marriage" she says to defend herself.

"Marriage or not you're still going to be a Smith"

"Better than a Danes."

"True that" I say and we both laugh.

After the fourth episode we hear a car pull up outside and loud music turn off. We both look at each other and instantly know its them. We wait for obscenely loud footsteps because their noise always carries. Knock knock knock. We sigh and play Rock Paper Scissors to see who has to answer the door. I loose as per usual.

"You have 2 minutes boys." I let them in and they come in like disciplined dogs with their tails between their legs.

"2 minutes is a bit generous Eve."

"Gilmore girls put me in a good mood." I say responding only to her not even acknowledging the guys.

"Listen Dee I'm so sorry if I could go back I would take it all back." Ben says. Worst apology ever.

"You're only sorry because you were caught. I don't give a fuck about strip clubs but you lied to me. Why?"  Dee says. I'm letting her take control over this situation because she has every right be mad. Me however, I'm just looking at Jaye and he's looking at me.

"Darcy I was worried you wouldn't like it and I didn't want to hurt you. I had to go because there were very important business associates. I'm so sorry." Ben tries to defend himself.

Jaye smirks at his grovelling which catches Darcy's attention.

"What's so funny? You lied to Eve and I haven't heard one single apology from you. Don't give me any 'you aren't in a relationship crap' you still fucking lied."

"Evangeline, I'm sorry for lying." I look at him then look away before I make the stupid decision of forgiving him because of those eyes. Darcy looks at her wrist and then claps her hand.

"I believe the two minutes is up. Goodbye boys I'm exhausted." She says and pushes them out. She collapses on the sofa and we both laugh.