16

We enjoyed the rest of our stay relaxing and sun lounging during the day and partying up a storm during the night.

We are on our way back and part of me was afraid that we would go back to being just colleagues. I would not survive not being able to hug her, see her smile and kiss her lips.

We are travelling with Ashanti, Arawelo, Luka, George, Lilac, Rob, Masi and Kash. Ri said that they have a family gathering back in Norfolk.

We spent our time playing board games and watching movies.

Their chauffeur was already waiting for them when we got to the hangar.

"No, just tell her I am on my way."

"Should we leave out who you are with?" Ashanti retorts

"Yes, you know your mother, I don't want to be the object of her curiosity." She opens the door for me.

She drives to my apartment complex, without direction.

"Jojo!" She runs to my legs and runs around me before going to smell Ri.

"I didn't know you had a dog."

"Are you allergic?"

"Nope."

"Okay, I got her after Christmas." I go to tell Naledi that I am back, while I am catching up with Naledi, Ri brings up my other bag.

"That's everything." She says as she pulls me into her arms, I wrap my arms loosely around her neck.

"Thank you." She nods before joining our lips. I wish this could last forever. She slowly lets me go, but her forehead stays on mine.

"I need to go." I know, sadly I know I have to let her go. "I will call you later."

"Okay." I unwrap my arms from her, a peck on my forehead and she leaves.

"Who was that?" Naledi asks grinning and leaning on her wall.

"Ri."

"What is she to you?"

"I don't know, yet." She chuckles before going back to her room. I pick Jojo up and we make food.

My phone wakes me up

"Hello?"

"Did I wake you?"

"Yeah but it's okay." I sit up and switch my lamp light on.

"I can call you tomorrow and let you sleep?"

"Nope, how was your family event?"

"I am going to be an aunt, so there is that."

"Oh, that's so nice."

"Yeah, so I will be going to Russia for a while." What?

"For how long?"

"Could be a month to six, I don't know yet."

"That's a bummer, so when are you leaving?"

"Uhm, tomorrow." What?

"That's soon, that's really soon, that is a few hours from now."

"Yeah." I hate that I am falling in love with her and she is leaving for possibly six months. "What are you thinking about?"

"It's nothing."

"Well let's talk about nothing then." A chuckle escapes my throat

"Just thinking about how I just started liking you and you are leaving for possibly six months."

"It is a pretty shitty situation." You think. We spent the night talking about everything other than the fact that she was leaving. I fell asleep to the sound of her voice.

There is a knock on my door that wakes me up.

"Come in." In walks Naledi

"Ri is outside, she wants to talk to you." I jolt up and get a gown and slippers and I head downstairs to where she is standing.

"When do you leave?"

"The plane won't leave without me."

"So why are you here?"

"I came to see your pretty face one last time until I come back." Using my hands I try to cover my face but she blocks them. "Don't."

"It's so early, I can barely form proper sentences."

"Well, you got one down." She chuckles before she plants a peck on my forehead. "I guess I should let you get back to your blankets."

"I wish I could go with you."

"I wish so too but as soon as I know when I can come back, I will let you know." A nod and she wraps her arms around my waist before pulling me closer and holding me in her embrace.

A few hours after she left, my phone rang.

"Good Day, This is Charlotte September from Black Bear publications, Am I speaking to Abiya Mopeli?"

"Yes, this is her."

"Your appointment with Ms Tau is at ten am tomorrow morning, will you be able to attend?"

"Yes, but could you email the address to me?"

"Yes will do. To confirm, your meeting is at ten am tomorrow morning."

"Yes."

"Thank you and Good day."

I get onto google and search who owns Black Bear Publications. There is nothing that links Ri to them but I feel as though she got me that interview.

I let out a scream into my pillow.

Knock, knock, knock. She opens the door.

"Tell me all about the trip." I sit down as she makes me tea

"It was cold and nice."

"Is that it?"

"Pretty much." Not even close.

She seemed suspicious of my answer but she carried our conversation.