26

"I have a meeting in America. I am going to be there for a week, do you want to stay here or come with me?"

"I want to come with you." She nods before closing her laptop and coming to bed. "Ri, do you love me?"

"I should ask you that." She says as she draws a line on my cheek with her thumb "I love you, Buttercup." She affirms before kissing my nose.

"Okay, do you want to watch Red Notice?" She nods, I fell asleep halfway through the movie.

I woke up to two suitcases packed and waiting by the door, Ri putting on her pants
"You should get ready."

"I am, are we leaving now?" She nods as she puts on her plush dragon slippers. She has on a matching velour tracksuit. "You look cute."

"I am trying to be as adorable as you."

"Amari!" Her mother screams for her

"I'll be downstairs. Coming Ma!" She walks out.

Have you ever been in love? I think I am in love. I am scared, what if she doesn't love me? What am I going to do then? She came into my life, flipped it upside down and I do not want her to leave.

"Jojo, I told you I need space when I am showering." She likes sitting next to the shower as I bathe. It annoys me but what can I do, she gets lonely. "You want a sibling? Is that it?" She lets out a weak bark "I will take that as a not yet. Attention hog." She whimpers "It's true but I love you for it."

"I am ready." With Jojo in my arms, I say to Ri who is having coffee with her mom.

"Cool. Ivan, can you go fetch our bags?" The broad man nods before ascending the stairs

"So what are you going to do while she is in her meetings?"

"I need new books."

"And clothes." Ri whispers

"Fine and clothes so shopping with Jojo over here, maybe even things for her, she does need new toys, playing with Luka's shoes is not good for her."

"Please get me a souvenir."

"Will do, where is Dad?"

"You know your father and brother, they left in the early hours and he didn't even tell me where they went, I will tell him you left." Ri nods and stands in front of her mom "I hate how tall you are, you took your father's genes."

"But I took your heart." She places a kiss on her forehead, I hug her and we head out.

We are flying on a smaller plane, than the one I am used to. That sounds so snobbish of me. I am getting too used to the opulence that surrounds her. She sits down and pats the seat next to hers.

I always felt safe in her arms but I am beginning to wonder if my heart is safe in her hands.

"What is going on in that head of yours?"

"What do you do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your company, what does it do?"

"We tell other big companies how to run their companies, we also do their marketing, facilitate their deals and offer other services."

"So you run other companies for them?"

"Basically."

"Why would anyone need you?"

"A lot of people don't know how to take their companies from here." She gestures at her abdomen "to here." Above her boob "we help them achieve that."