29

"Biya, come on you have to eat." She keeps pounding at the door "It's McDonald's."

"Get in." She walks in and places my food on the nightstand before sitting next to me

"Love has you in the dumps."

"I hate her so much," Tears fall from my eyes. "I don't care about my life, why does she?"

"Because she loves you. I am here for you, baby girl."

"I know, thank you, now leave me alone to listen to my sad music in peace." She chuckles before planting a kiss on my forehead

"I want to take you out."

"I can't move, it hurts to stand."

"The more you interact with people the more you will be able to move on."

"What if I start crying?"

"Then we wipe your tears. I don't like seeing you like this." Yeah me neither. It has been a month since Ri and I said our goodbyes, she dropped me off at home before heading back to the hangar, not a word was spoken on the ride here, Jojo was sleeping soundly in the back. She helped bring my things in before she kissed Jojo, goodbye.

"Goodbye Bibi." She said before she walked out of my life, Jojo tried to run after her but the door was closed. We were done.

I stayed in my room for a week, ate nothing, drank water, barely showered and when my phone rang, I ignored it. I ignored the world, luckily Naledi took care of Jolene.

The second week was harder because I was hungry but I had no will to eat, I was able to get into the shower by the end of it. The phone still annoyed me, I longed for a call but she never called, she was done with me.

By the third week, I was able to eat and answer the phone, which I found an email from Black Bear that said I can go back to my job. I know she had something to do with that and if I did not need a job, I would have refused it but I need a job.

"Come on, where are we going?"

"For lunch and then shopping."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I won't throw you in the deep end but I will be asking for a little help with the bills later."

"Don't worry about the bills, I got them covered."

"How?"

"I got some spare change." Two hundred and fifty thousand in spare change.

"Thank you for thinking ahead, come on, I am driving." Her parents bought her a car, while I was gone. It is nice, it fit her.

She brought me to Avanti, an Italian restaurant in the upper-class part of Norfolk, the shopping centre near Ri's house.

"It's nice, thank you for bringing me here."

"I wanted to treat you, there is no need."

We spent some time enjoying each other's company and then shopping where she tried on outfits before she had a trolley's worth of clothes waiting for me to try them on.

Days after were just as fun, nights were still hard but the days made it worth it. I reported back for work and my colleagues were shocked, understandably so, I left for a few weeks, no leave, no goodbye, I am sure they thought I quit or I was fired.

"Can I bring you coffee?" I have an assistant, why I do not understand but I know she had something to do with it.

"No, can you get me grape juice with three big muffins?" She nods before closing the door.