18

The pastor spoke for what felt like an eternity. We laid her to rest and went on to the after tears, this is where the joy aspect of an African funeral comes in.

In the corner of my eye, I see Ri. I close my eyes and open them again and she is making her way here. I close and open them again. She is near us.

"My condolences for your loss." She says to Naledi's mom. Naledi's mom nods and thanks Ri for her kind words.

I stand up and lead Ri away from everyone, I wanted to jump into her arms but also to shout and scream at her for leaving, I was conflicted at the sight of her, here. I wanted to have her hold me as I cry at the loss of someone who is and will always be an amazing motherly figure in my life. 

"Look I don't have the energy to entertain you right now." She nods

"That is okay, I will leave, just so you know, I am in Norfolk for two weeks." A nod and she leaves, I wish I could chase after her and ask for a hug.

When the funeral is over I head over back to my place, Naledi is going back home for a week so I am all alone.

"Come on Jojo, what are we barking at?" She is barking at the wall, I pick her up as we go back to my room. After some time Kash says he is outside my door. Jojo is napping so I close the door so we do not wake him.

"I saw that Amari is back."

"Not for long."

"Good." He murmurs

"Why is that good?"

"You deserve more than someone who can not put you first." he takes a step towards me "and she is not that person."

"Okay, thank you for your weird unwanted opinion on my sex life."

"I am not talking about your sex life." Another step closer.

!!!!!!!!!Trigger Warning!!!!!

"Okay. What are you on about?" I back into the couch and I can not catch myself from falling.

"I am talking about being your boyfriend." My what?

"I am sorry but I do not see you that way."

"Why?"

"I am not interested in you."

"Why? Because you love her?"

"No, because I am not interested in you Kash, I see you as a friend." I stand up, "a very good friend."

"Is that it?" He pulls me towards him

"Kash what are you doing? You are hurting me." He throws me back on the couch.

"Maybe you need help seeing me as more than a friend." He unbuckles his pants

"This is not the way to do it." I look for something to help me hit him, he is going to do this if I can't stop him. I try to move away but he holds me down

"Stop resisting."

"Stop what you are doing, this is not you."

"And yet here we are." He puts his lips on my collarbone and I try to reach for the knife on my coffee table, thank you Naledi for always eating your fruit with a knife.