34

"Have you seen my keys?"

"Here, uhm, have you seen the manuscript I was reading yesterday?"

"You left it in the bathroom, I put it on the bed." I rush to the bed to fetch the script.

It has been few months since the party, I have not seen or spoken to Amari. the majority of me is happy, glad and so overjoyed that we have not met or spoken.

In those few months, Pacer and I found out that I am pregnant, I am now three months pregnant. It was overwhelming in the beginning but I think we are both ready to raise this baby together.

"Baby, please get me wings, a grape slushie, fries but the ones with bacon bits and four sliders please?"

"Okay, I will be back soon, I love you." He places a kiss on my cheek before heading out the door.

Black Bear has amazing maternity benefits like I get to work at home when I feel sick, like today, I was vomiting earlier and I do not have the energy to go to the office. I did ask Ms Tau not to tell Amari about the pregnancy because it is none of her business.

My belly is only starting to show now and Pace and I have a wedding we need to attend next week and the dress I bought no longer fits. I am planning on going shopping for a new dress soon.

Jojo and I head to his bedroom for a nap, I desperately need one, work is tiring and life is tiring.

Jojo wakes me up with her barking "What's wrong baby?" She continues barking, not even looking at me. I get up, open the door and she carries to the kitchen.

Pew, pew, pew. Gunshots if I ever heard them. I stay on the wall try not to make a noise, I hear boots fading, I try to take a look but they are wearing a black mask. They close the door.

"Pace?" I run to him and he is none responsive "Baby, stay with me." I fish for his phone and unlock it to call Shadow and Kaiser.

"Kai, they shot him, someone came into his house and shot Pace!"

"Hold on, I'm on my way, did you call anyone else?"

"No,"

"Good." He hangs up and I place pressure on two of his wounds while using my foot on the other one.

"You are going to be okay, baby, you are going to be fine."

After five minutes, Kai and Zale burst through the door.

"In here!" They walk in and find me still applying pressure and from the look on Zale's face, I know it is grime.

"Abiya, you can stop." Kai says after checking his pulse

"No, no, no!" Zale helps me up, "He is going to be fine, he has to be fine!"

"He is gone, Abi." Kai says

Zale called Naledi, she helped clean the blood off me, Kai and Zale cleaned the body and took the body to their morgue.

"Do you want some food?"

"I'm not hungry."

"Okay." A tear escapes my eyes, he is gone.