22

I was hoping she would come back but she didn't, I said goodbye to her siblings and parents before I left. Her mom told me to come back soon. If only she knew how uncertain my relationship with her daughter is. Luka was saddened to say goodbye to Jojo but I promised that he will see her soon, I hate breaking my promises but I had to give him a little hope.

Did we break up? I honestly do not know what to tell myself because we never really discussed the fate of our relationship, why would it be over because we got into an argument but one argument is all it takes to break a relationship.

The flight back home was long but books and Jojo kept me company and distracted from thinking about Ri.

When we landed and I switched my mobile data on, there was an email and payment in my account. R250 000 Extras in photoshoot.
I feel as though the price is heavily inflated but never look a gift horse in the mouth or whatever that saying is.

"Oh my word tell me everything, how was it all?" There is no trace he was even here but I can vividly see him.

"It was great, let me put my bags down first." She nods before going into the kitchen.

Naledi and I catch up on everything that happened while I was away. She looks better considering how big the loss was, I would have fallen apart had it not been for Ri, she held me together when I couldn't.

A forceful knock on the door, she goes to answer it while I put Jojo on my lap.

"Good evening, how can I help you?"

"We are looking for Miss Abiya Mopedi." Who are they?

"Who am I talking to?"

"Agent James with the FBI." Why are they looking for me?

"I am Abiya, why are you looking for me?"

"Miss Mopedi we would like to talk to you about your relationship with Amari Ziatzev-Goncharov." Why

"Can I see your badge?" He shows me his badge and I hand it back before I fetch a jacket. "Let's go." They lead me to a black Mercedes Benz. I contemplate texting Ri, but choose not to.

We get to the embassy building and they lead me into a room with four chairs, a grey table and grey walls.

"You can have a seat." We all sit and someone brings in a file. "Miss Mopedi..."

"Mopedi." I correct his pronunciation of my surname.

"Mopedi."

"Stick to using my name." He nods.

"Miss Abiya, why don't you tell us about your relationship with Miss Ziatzev-Goncharov?"

"It is strained, that is as much as I can tell you with how vague your question is."

"How long have you known her?"

"Nearly five years, she used to be my boss."

"When you worked at Black Beans café."

"Yes."

"So would you say you two are just colleagues?"

"Not necessarily colleagues but colleagues to some degree."

"Okay, why were you in Greece with her earlier this year?"

"I was invited by my friend who was friends with her cousin. I didn't even know she would be on the trip until the morning they were at my apartment ready to go."

"Why did you go to Russia with her and come back without her?"

"Uhm, when we left, we were on the same page, when I left Russia it was because we were no longer on the same page."