42

She had called me the day after the party to ask if I was available at seven o'clock, she would pick me up of course.

My babysitter is Thati and she is a Godsend. I would have gone with Neo but I want to enjoy my time with Amari.

Three dings on my phone and a message flashes on the screen

I'm outside

"Thati, I have to go but I'll be back by ten." she nods before going into my living room. I tried with my appearance, I wore heels, a dress and I did my make-up.

She stands near the passenger door, in a white suit dress that is mid-thigh length, looking beautiful and making me slightly insecure about my appearance.

"You look beautiful," she comments as I make it in front of her,

"You look stunning."

"Glad you are impressed." a smile shines on my face as she opens the door for me and helps me inside.

We say nothing during the drive but there is music playing, I am nervous, this is weird even though it feels so normal.

It was nice, the restaurant that is, it was not a super expensive place and she did not take me to Precious Selina.

We order our food and wine before the waiter leaves to go report to the chef.

"So,  how have you been?"

"Good, life has treated me well these last couple of years."

"Oh,"

"Oh? What?"

"I just thought you missed me." she chuckles

"Bibi, I said life was good not that I did not miss you." I turn my head and look at the table, why is she so attractive "You look cute when you blush."

"Anyway, how is the rest of the family?"

"They are great, Luka took over the other family business, Asa just had a fashion show in Milan a few weeks ago, and Ara is a profiler for Interpol. My parents are enjoying their forties but tell me about you."

"There is not much..."

"That is not what I heard."

"You keeping tabs on me?"

"How else would I have known if you are okay?"

"Wow, okay. Well, about three years ago I quit my job because being away from Neo, my daughter, was not making me happy and I could not work at the level I aspire to so I quit and became a published poet."

"I have read your books, they are great."

"Their children's books, not a big deal."

"Not at all, my nieces and younger cousins love them. Luka and his girlfriend hate you because their little boy only wants to read about Scrap and Paul."

"Would you look at that, I have a fan."

"You have many fans, myself included, that's why you are a bestseller."

"That's a technicality." Someone bought a ton of books and donated them to orphanages, group foster homes, and daycares around the world, by someone I mean Amari and her family.

"You deserved it." we spend a moment looking into each other's eyes before the waitress comes back with our food.

When we were done, she paid, she fought to pay and I let her. I suggested that we get Ice cream at a parlour close by. There were not a lot of people in there so we were in and out. She got Cocoa creme while I got Bar-One and vanilla.